Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Paws

I can't believe there aren't more people interested in the blog candy I have going right now! If you want to be in the drawing for it go read THIS POST

Today my card is for Mothermark's Teaparty. The challenge is a simple one - use dogs! I chose to use the Scottie In A Scarf image by Chesney Young just because I think he's so cute. I used copics to color him with and printed out the sentiment.



(click to enlarge)

I almost used buttons instead of silver brads so I could enter this in Squigglefly's Blog challenge, but I have another card for that that I will share with you tomorrow. If you read the blog candy post, you know that the winner of the candy will get a little something extra if they have entered any of the Squigglefly Blog challenges during the month of August, so making a card with buttons is an easy one!

Did you happen to see the new images that were released at Squigglefly on Saturday? If not, you should put going there on your list of things to do!

It has been SO HOT here the past few weeks. Temps well over a hundred every day, and not cooling off much at night either. Rain has been scarcer than hen's teeth too. Yesterday we did get a decent bit of rain though and the leaves on everything perked up considerably. Today they are saying it will only get to about 96 degrees! If you can read the sarcasm in that sentence then you're spot on! I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday, and thanks for looking!



12 comments:

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Nice card.

If you want rain come live in Quebec, it won't take long that you'll regret your so hot days without rain...

Have a nice week

Dawn Frost said...

You know why you haven't had any rain there Holly?? Because its all come here! This bar none has been the rainiest (?) summer ever here! Don't tell anyone but I actually LOVE it! The temperature here has gone above 26C I think 3 times so far. I don't think it will get to 30C at all this summer, yay! Your little dog is too cute and I well definitely try to enter Squigglefly because you're right buttons are easy!

Shawna said...

What a cute little card. Hope you are settling in to your job.

Lynnor said...

What an adorable dog image!!! Love the colors!

Josephine Cox said...

He is so cute love your card

Anonymous said...

This is a super cute card Holly. I think the brads were the way to go. I let the Sistahs know about your blog candy.

Not surprising - some of them are kinda impish sometimes so I think they will love your blog with/without the candy. ;)

Terri / Brat

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

This is so adorable! What a cutie. Here in NY the heat has been horrible as well, very humid. We had some rain last night, but still humid today. I think I'm ready for the Autumn, my favorite time of year - LOL!

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

Oh I love the image and your wonderful coloring. Great sentiment, fantastic!

Heather said...

Oh what a cute card!
Stay cool Holly.

Elaine M said...

Come to the Pacific NW - we've hardly had any summer - it's only made it up to 82 for a couple days - down into the low 70s at night and sometimes even into the high 50s....had to add an extra blanket to the bed last night. Love your card - the image is just sweet! Give the new job time - it's always hard to leave a group of people you've been with for years and start somewhere new. Hang in there.

Marlene said...

Awww..cute puppy!

WHAT? People don't want blog candy?!! They must be delirious!!! (Or on vacation).

Sorry to hear you're still baking. We finally got relief. It's in the 80's now. Almost feels like Spring! LOL! (Would probably feel like winter to you!)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Awwww! He's so cute. And about the blog candy, I think people are missing in action since it's summer. Looks like yummy candy though! Hope you're having a great week.