Monday, August 1, 2011

SMILE, and Make A Wish!

Hi everyone! I was having blogger issues yesterday and couldn't get my photos to upload, so here I am a day later than I expected to be. How was your weekend? Mine was busy on Saturday doing lots of chores. I also went to the place of my former employment and helped wrap up the final steps of closing the business. It was sad turning in my keys.

Sunday was a lazy day. It was too hot to do anything outdoors so I hung out in my craft room and made a card or two and watched some movies on Netflix. I hope you had a really good weekend!

Today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly Blog, and it's a fun one! Heather wants everyone to use handwriting on your project. If you're like me, and you don't like your own handwriting try using a handwriting font or some designer paper with old fashioned script on it! Go see what the Headliners have done and get inspired to play yourself!

here's the card I made



(click to enlarge)

I used the Moon Fairy image from Squigglefly, and colored it with copic markers. The image was printed twice and I cut one out to pop it up over the original image. I added glitter to her wings and shoes.

My handwriting is the "Make a wish" sentiment written on the edge. I hope you'll play along too!

Now for the card I couldn't upload yesterday


(click to enlarge)

This is an image that was released last week called Smile Pretty. I love it, and had such fun coloring it. The inside says

"It makes people wonder what you're up to."


Now one more thing - I told you I was going to have blog candy to give away and today I have the pictures to show you!


(click to enlarge)

Here's what everything is:

Two bottles of glitter glue in green and blug by Hampton Arts
Seven gold squirrel charms
Ladybug border punch by American Girl crafts
A roll of american Craft ribbon (multi colored dots on white)
One package of Class A Peels silver letters and numbers stickers
One package of Studio 8 rhinestones
One pad of Making Memories Vintage findings designer paper
One package of Making Memories Silver metal word tabs
and one package of 12 Copic At You Spica markers

I'll have the blog candy up all month long and draw a winner's name on September 1st. You don't have to do anything special to be eligible, but I will add something extra to the candy if the winner has played in at least three of the five blog challenges on Squigglefly's blog this month! So doesn't that make you want to go play now?

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!


37 comments:

Heather said...

Awww- your card is darling Holly- so whimsical. Your old man card is a hoot- great choice of DP.

How sad that you turned in your keys- endings can be sad. Especially since you were with that company for a long time. Hugs!

Linda said...

Blogger and yahoo are giving me trouble this weekend.
Love the card. The old man card is wonderful. You color his skin so perfect.
Goodbyes are always hard.
Have a great Monday at your new job.
Smiles,
Linda

Stephanie said...

Holly......What absolutely adorable cards!!! Love the hand-writing and coloring on both of the images!

JD said...

Your cards are great...I like that you added "bling" to the wings, Your second image reminds me of my FIL, He was a sweet man whose bark was worse than his bite...smile...I could do a nice memory page with that image...must put it on my wish list. My weekend was great, had the opportunity to go with two friends to a scrapbook convention. (and believe me, the saying shop till you drop...was very true with us!

acreativeneed said...

Wonderful cards Holly! What a great image 'smile pretty' is! And I love the glitter on your little Fairy's shoes!! Have a great day!
smiles,Deena

Dixieglitzie said...

Love your cards Holly...as usual. The blog candy looks well, quite yummy!

bumblebee creations said...

Both of your cards are fabulous Holly!! I know I was told although blogger let me post my pic with my post yesterday that people couldn't see it!

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the "old man) card......as usual, you did a great job :)

Becky said...

What great cards, love your coloring with 'smile' :)

marilynprestonn said...

Holly what a darling little wishing cutie! Love the writing and the beauutiful coloring. Well done. Our CHIEF Heather will be so proud of your work! :)Peggy

That guy cracks me up by the way...he, he, he. That's what I do all the time and folks think I'm in my own little world...guess I am.

Marlene said...

Both your cards are fun, Holly! I especially love the dude winking at me! He IS winking at me, right? LOL.

No need to enter me in the candy... but wanted to say that is mighty generous of you!! Those Spica markers are the bomb!

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly,

Your little fairy is very cute. Your hand writing is cute here too.

I think we need an Rx image, cuz my hand writing looks like a doctor's. I had one of my MD employers tell me once he couldn't read MY writing!

That guy is funny too. Of course you came up with a great sentiment too. Tell Marleen he's winking at ME not her!

Terri
Brat Cards @ SCS

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards Holly, can't decide which one I like the best. Super coloring on both!

Dawn Frost said...

You're so sweet Holly! Maybe now that the old business is closed you'll have more time for yourself! Love the old man image, he's fantastic and the inside is perfect! Have a great week.

*Vicki* said...

Hey Holly!! Both of these cards are so fun!! I love the pretty moon sitter with the sparkle!! :)

Katherine said...

Hi Holly - both your cards are great and your coloring is wonderful! I found your blog on the Outlawz and am a new follower!
Katherine K :)

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

As usual your cards are adorable. Thanks for the opportunity to win this yummy blog candy!

I hope you'll finally love your job because 8 years is a long time when we don't love something. Maybe a good coworker witch whoom you'll have a lot of laughters?

Have a nice weekend!

Rebecca said...

love your smile card :-) it made me smile!

joanne said...

I am a daily follower of your blog and love all of your creations. Your personality shows through all your workings. Thanks for the chance to win a great package of blog candy.

gocanucksgo said...

Hi Holly! Fabulous work on the cards. The second card actually made me smile lol. Keep up the amazing work and thanks =)

ocean-dreamer said...

Thanks for the opportunity! I love your work.

eiyiyi said...

Hi Holly, Been out of town and just now catching up with old posts! Love the cards .... the second one still has me giggling. Love that old face! Nice blog candy! Thanks for the chance. hugs, eileen

garnett said...

Love your smile card...............

Lynnor said...

I don't get a time to comment often enough, but yours is one of my favorite blogs...such cute creations and today is no exception! I love the little girl sitting on the moon and the old man image just makes me giggle!! Love it!

Faye said...

Hi Holly - Always appreciate your humor & creativity!!

Elaine A said...

Holly - these are so sweet! You always amaze me with your work. And your coloring skills are just awesome!

Elaine Allen

Kim G, said...

Great Cards! Thanks for sharing them.

Elaine M said...

Just had to buy the Smile image - he is just a kick! Thanks for a chance to win this great candy!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Oh MAN! I love these cards. That little Moon Fairy is so sweet & the Smile Pretty reminds me of my Grandpa when he used to take out his teeth & clown around for us kids. Fab colouring.

jp said...

Love that SMILE card! Spica glitter pens are fab!

joanne said...

Heah Holly
I am interested in your blog candy and am a daily follower of yours. I enjoy your card creations immensely.

RubbrKitty said...

Holly, I LOVE the Old Man. That's one of the coolest images I have seen yet.
Your coloring is superb, but, of course, it always is!

Catherine Kraft said...

I love your your cards! So many are filled with humor and seems those are the days I really need a laugh. Your angel card is really sweet! Please enter me in your drawing, I have been wanting some Spica's for so long!! Lots of wonderful goodies!
Blessings~

Linda W. said...

Hi Holly! Oh my goodness there are so many new images at Squigglefly! I love your choices - especially '
Gramps smiling', reminds me of great grandpa! I have one more neurosurgeon visit this Tues. and I will be back in full force with my best friend! Have a great day and put me in the blog candy contest. I will try to make up 3 items yet too.
Hugs,
Linda W.

Paula said...

I just discovered your wonderful site today, when looking at the site I discovered last night. Isn't the web wonderful? I am a card maker and would love to be entered in the drawing.

cgl1539 said...

I just came over from Marlenes blog. I loved your video for taking out words from a digi image. Lol and I love your video of Riley, thats a cool ball. Thanks for the opportunity to win your blog candy.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Always fun to come by and see what you've been up to. That "smile" is such a cute card!