Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Some Cherry News

I have a great blog candy going on! If you want to be in the drawing for it go read THIS POST


I told you I'd be back with my card for this week's Squigglefly Blog Challenge, and I am!


(click to enlarge)

I went with the Cherries image by Angie Davis and used some buttons for the cherries. My buttons were originally white and I colored them with Copic markers. The sentiment is computer generated.

This is a super fast card to make, and would be great for several occasions. I could see it as a get well card or just a card to send to someone who could use some cheering up.

Now for a little bit of a work update. I am starting to understand some of the stuff that is being thrown at me which I find as a huge relief. I am responsible for a report at the end of the month, and it's something I've had little time to work on and look at and understand. Well, yesterday I finally had a little bit of time to take a serious look and was pleased to see that it made sense to me. I don't feel that confident that my report will knock anyone's socks off, but it was wonderful to have it not look like Greek to me!
On the other hand, I'm also responsible for placing ads in the paper and today one of my ads breaks and late yesterday afternoon I discovered an error in it! Too late to pull it or change it, so I'm really embarrassed about my ad being wrong today! I keep hoping I'll get the hang of things! Keep me in your prayers because I really need them!
Have a fabulous day, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I love your card and the buttons are just perfect! This is so sweet. As for the job, take a deep breath and inhale slowly. You are human, and sometimes mistakes are made, don't be embarrased. These things happen, hang in there sweetie.

Elaine Allen

Linda said...

Very nice and cheery card!
You know people learn from mistakes and it anyone notices then they were really reading your ad which is a good thing. You can pull the teacher thing and just say you were testing to see if they were paying attention. LOL Still Praying!
Have a wonderful day

shawna said...

I love the use of the buttons for the cherries, Holly. This is a really cute card! You are going to do fine at your new job. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone needs time to adjust to new work.

Dawn Frost said...

Great way to add buttons Holly! Keep your head up, you'll get the hang of it!

Rosie said...

Love the card! Great idea using the buttons for cherries! Hope all goes better at work for ya!

Becky said...

You poor thing, I will be praying for you. I have been at the same job for over 30 years and I still pray daily for wisdom.:)

Love this card, what a fabulous idea to use buttons. :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Enjoy your card. Great idea with the buttons, that adds a nice touch.
Sorry to hear that you are not doing well with your job, you are in my prayers.
Hugz, Pat

Marlene said...

Your little button card is fabulous! I love that you used thread in the buttons, too!

I'm glad to hear things are coming a little easier in the new job. Hope it continues to get more familiar so you will love it!

jannes hobbykrok said...

I love this card! Supercute!
Janne

Tammy said...

Oh Holly, you are such a worry-wart. I don't blame you though I know the awful feeling of making a mistake. But it is safe to say, you'll never make that mistake again.

Love your card, very clever use of buttons!

Pat K said...

Mistakes happen! Your card is clever and cute!

Pam in Ar. said...

I am so glad you're getting the hang of things :) It would really stink to have a job you don't like and dread going to it every day. Don't stress about the ad, things happen right???

The cherries look good enough to eat...so glad you still have time to make cards and share with us :)

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

I love your card, great idea buttons for cherries

Dixieglitzie said...

love this card. will be praying for you ...but don't be so hard on yourself Holly...YOU GOT THIS :)
ooops, i just made a little grammatical error too...and the world keeps turning ;-) Holly you seem to be such a sweet heart...thank you so much for all you share with us.

bumblebee creations said...

love your card Holly!! I am glad you got the chance to take time out of the now hectic schedule to play with the Squigglefly challenge!!
We are all human--and all make mistakes--so don't sweat the ad!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

had to stop by. love the card, but sure have been missing you. too much going on with me. clyde's in a semi-coma and they don't expect him to "see sept" i've been keeping busy but not crafting and yes, i'm holding up very well. just been missing you.

hugs :)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Gorgeous card. LOVE that cherry image & the buttons are too perfect. I hear you about the ad. Proofreading is the bane of my existence!