Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This Party Has Bugs!

Happy hump day to you all! I told you yesterday I'd be back today with my Teaparty card, and I am!

This week we are all supposed to bring ladybugs to the party, and I brought this cute one from Eline Pelinkhof called Small Offering.


(click to enlarge)

I went very clean and simple with this design! The image is colored with Copic markers and then I added some crystal effects to the wings. A piece of black ribbon is tied into a simple bow, and the image is framed with a scalloped circle.

Inside I typed up this little poem and framed it in black
(click to enlarge)

We are sending our cards to a fellow teapotter who is undergoing back surgery. I am sure all these ladybugs will bring a smile to her face!

My blog candy ends today, so don't miss the boat! I will be announcing the winner tomorrow, so be sure to come back to see if you're the lucky one! Wishing you all a great middle of the week, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

awhhhh...Holly she is just adorable--I love the cas look of this card--specially in the black and red! And your poem is just the best!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now this is absolutely darling!!!! i love the simple layout and the colors are perfect!!!!

hugs :)

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable Holly! Love the bright red, always adds cheer to a card.

Linda said...

Ahhh so cute! Love it Holly.

Dixieglitzie said...

adorable...i'm convinced that's just what you do :)

Marlene said...

This is SOOOOO cute! Eeek! I love ladybugs. Yours is so shiny, too. :)

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I am sure the person who will receive this is going to love it! What a sweet card, the poem wonderful and the ladybug, well . . . ADORABLE! Hope your friend has a speedy recovery.

Elaine Allen

Dawn Frost said...

I love your ladybug card! The sentiment inside is perfect too, clean and simple like the outside.

Shawna said...

Absolutely adorable Holly! That image is so cute and I love how you glossed up the lady bug's shell. The sentiment is perfect, too!