Thursday, August 4, 2011

Three pink tulips

I have a blog candy going, so if you want to be in the drawing for it go read THIS POST

Hi everyone. Sorry it's been so long. I just don't have the time or the desire I used to have. I think it's official - I don't like my job. I've resigned myself to the fact that I need the job though, so I'm staying with it. I'd go look for another one except that I hear from so many people that every place is the same - they are laying people off and piling their work load on to the remaining people and not giving the remaining people any extra pay for doing it. I know I am doing what used to be two people's jobs, and I'm only getting paid for one and that one should be making more than it's paying!
On the bright side of things, I will be eligible for retirement in 8 years and the time I spend at this job is putting money in that retirement fund for me! That is all you are going to hear from me about my job. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer - no offense to you Debbies out there!

How about a birthday card?


(click to enlarge)


I used the potted tulips from Paulette Long's Easter Tulips set for this card. The sentiment is the Birthday Wishes by Jess Holland, and I printed it out in brown to go with the ribbon and pot color. I used colored pencils instead of my Copics this time. I'm running low on ink on some of them and need to refill and order more inks!

If you're lucky enough to have time to create - go play in the challenge going on at the Squigglefly Blog - it's a great way to get something extra if you win my blog candy! Have a wonderful day - remember TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!


8 comments:

Kristie said...

It's been a long time since I visited, just saw your post in my reader and wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. Things are definitely tough in the job world and there are lots of stressed out people. I do hope things improve for you though, 8 years is a long time to be unhappy. Big hugs!

The card is very pretty, the tulips look so vibrant with the colored pencils!

Hurray for it almost being Friday :)

Tammy said...

Really sweet card Holly. Keep the faith, things will get better!

Stephanie said...

Holly....Lovely, lovely card....Not lovely for your job situation. Hang in there and try to make the best of it. I know that those words seem cliche, but I am hoping for a silver lining in it somewhere for you.

Dawn Frost said...

I hear you Holly! My son is looking for another job and having no luck. He has so many resumes out there and no one calls, so very depressing. On the bright side I really like your card! Very nice.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love your card. I am so sorry about the job though. I'll keep my fingers crossed that things improve or perhaps something you really love jumps into your path.

Elaine Allen

Linda said...

Just keep thinking about that money building for retirement. I retired a year ago and should have worked longer because my check is very small but I would have lost an important health benefit. It has really cut into my craft spending and now I have the time to craft and shop. Things can be so backwards sometimes.
I hope you can find some joy in your day job even it it is the time you get to leave.
Sending hug,
Love your card. It is very pretty.

Pam in Ar. said...

I sure hate to hear that about your job Holly...maybe it will get better in time though...like 8 more years! Ha!! Sorry, couldn't help myself there...hang in there :)
The card you made for today lifted my spirits, it made me think of cooler temps. we sure could use some of those too! Happy Thursday and like you said....tomorrow if FRIDAY!!!!!!

Marlene said...

Hang in there, girly! It could surprise you, and end up turning around so you actually like it. (One can hope!)

Your card is really cute, despite the fact that you say you've lost the desire (and time).