Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Touchy Tree

I have a great blog candy going on! If you want to be in the drawing for it go read THIS POST

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday to you! Well, yesterday was actually a good day at my new job. It may have had something to do with the fact that a lot of the office was out all day for training on a new computer program, but I did get some time to catch up on some things.

Today is another Mothermark Teaparty, and this week we are supposed to bring either Trees, something to do with Golf, or something to do with Winter. When i saw TREE, I immediately went to my favorite Squigglefly tree image Spring Tree by artist Angie Davis. Since it's summer time, I added lots of greenery to my tree which leads me to the TOUCHY part of my post. Squigglefly's blog challenge this week is to add texture to your card, so this fluffy tree is perfect! I also embossed the card base with the Swiss Dots embossing folder for even more texture.


(click to enlarge)

I paired my favorite tree image with my favorite Squigglefly Birthday Greeting by artist Jess Holland.

Everything was colored with Copic markers. Here's a close up of the fun tree fluff!


(click to enlarge)

I used some fun grass stuff that I got from Myer Imports . They have a lot of unique embellishment supplies there, so check 'em out if you're ever looking for something different.


Please go by and see what the wonderfully creative Headliners have done with the challenge. You will be completely amazed at how some of them added texture to their cards! and take some time to play along yourself - you could win some free Squigglefly!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh holly, is this ever pretty. love that "grass stuff".

hugs :)

Stephanie said...

Holly......This is such a pretty tree. I've always done my leaves in the Autumn Flowersoft mix......would you believe I NEVER thought just to use green for summer??? I love your grass stuff.....It's perfect and makes the card so "touchy, touchy!"

Shawna said...

Great card Holly --- love how you made it work for more than one challenge. Glad you had a good day at your job.........that is ALWAYS nice!!! I have news, will send a seperate email.

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

The grassy bits are so fun. I will have to track that down. Thanks for inspiring me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,

Great summer tree. Cool find on the green stuff too.

I hope work is going better. :)

Terri / Brat

*Vicki* said...

Oh how fun!! I adore your grassy branches!! Really awesome card Holly! :)

Dana said...

Love your grassy stuff!! Cute, cute, cute!!
xx

Marlene said...

Oh, that's fabulous! That stuff is wayyyyyyyy cool! It looks amazing on your tree!

Heather said...

Holly, I love that green fuzzy stuff for your tree. It looks so realistic!

acreativeneed said...

Oops, I think I left a comment for this card on another post! My bad. Anyway, I'll say it again,; awesome tree and great card!
Smiles, Deena