Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tweeting at the Teaparty

Hi everyone! Well, I turned in my notice and received a tongue lashing from the executive director, but once that was over with things went back to normal. yesterday she and my supervisor both told me that they were really disappointed to see me go; that I was doing a great job and they hated to lose me. That made me feel good, but not good enough to stay! It's nice to be leaving on good terms though.

Yesterday was one of Mothermark's Teaparties, and the theme is birds this week. I thought with so many people bringing birds to the party that they would love to have a pretty bird bath to relax in, so this exquisite Simple Pleasures Birdbath by Marla Shega is my contribution.
This image never fails to impress people, and coloring it is easy as pie because the shading is built in! I used copic markers to color.

If you look closely you'll see birds embossed on the background piece. That is a brand new embossing folder I found at Hobby Lobby. They got a bunch of new ones in, and this one is from The Paper Studio.
(click to enlarge)

Time is running out to be entered into my blog candy, so be sure to check that out if you haven't already. Have a fabulous day, and thanks for looking!




10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holly! this is gorgeous! absolutely love the image and your colors make it all pop! GOR-G-US!

maybe the GOOD LORD is telling you to STAY HOME!!!! there are things needed for you to do at home rather than work. i know... it's all about the $$$$, but you WILL be fine. i know you will. keeping you in my prayers.

hugs :)

Shawna said...

Oh Holly ---- I am so sorry the job didn't work out, but there must be something better waiting for you. Big hugs.
I love this birdbath image and your coloring is fabulous.

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Your card is fantastik!

Have a great day!

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous colouring Holly, I LOVE the colours! Good for you for turning in your notice, I hope your new job is much better.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the sentiment. Glad to hear that the boss got over it.

Pam in Ar. said...

What an elegant card Holly. I see I've missed a few things the last few days...I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the job situation, something will come up!
Loved this card :)

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Well now you can breathe a sigh of relief, soon you'll be in a new job. Life is too short not to like what you have to do for a living. I love, love this card. Just stunning, that birdbath/planter looks just like real stone. AMAZING!!

Elaine Allen

bumblebee creations said...

wow this is magnificent!!! Actually it is a masterpiece and needs to be put into a frame! When do you start your new job? I am excited for you!

Tammy said...

Wow Holly, your card is beautiful! Gorgeous coloring.

One more hurtle taken care of!

Marlene said...

Trying to catch up on all my missed blogs while I was away - and this is STUNNING!! WOWZA.

I'm trying to keep up with YOU, too....you are a little whirlwind! LOL!