Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Under The Sea

Good morning! I hope you are having a wonderful start to your day. I know I am, and you want to know why? I told you yesterday there was something I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you now! Today I am turning in my two weeks notice at my job! I have found another job that is a much better fit for me. I am excited to start and SO happy to be leaving where I am now. I feel like I can breathe again, although I do have butterflies thinking about telling them I'm leaving. Think good thoughts for me!

I told you I'd be back with a card to share today, and I have one that I made for this week's Squigglefly Blog challenge where the theme is WATERWORKS! You will probably recognize the image from yesterday's video - it's Sea You Later by Suzanne Urban.


(click to enlarge)

I figure you find fish and mermaids in the water, so this qualifies! I love this mermaid! Suzanne puts so much character into her images don't you agree? I sparkled up her mermaid tail with stickles and painted the shell with some iridescent medium.

The corners were actually punched with a border punch from EK Success, and then I added some little square gems. The sentiment was computer generated on to the designer paper - I know it's a little corny, but I couldn't come up with anything better.

Don't forget about my blog candy, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

Adorable card, you always have the cutest sayings to go with your stamps.

Hugs, Lori m

Tammy said...

Fantastic news Holly, wishing you good luck! Great card, love how your colored her and the sparkle is perfect.

Linda said...

I am thinking good thoughts! Breathing is a very good thing!
Love your adorable card.
Good Luck today!

Jane said...

Good luck friend...you got to do what's right for you!
Love the card. Such a cute image.

bumblebee creations said...

oh how funny--I just emailed you to see if you got the new job! Should've checked here first!! Love your card--thanks for playing along with the SF challenge this week!
CONGRATS!!!! It will be great if we get you back--at least a little!!! Miss those daily posts!!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I love, love, love this card! How cute is that mermaid? I love her slightly come hither look - LOL!
Good luck today Holly and good luck on the new job. You need to do what is right for you.

Elaine Allen

Dawn Frost said...

I'm glad you found a job that is a better fit for you. Its so hard to go to a job that you really don't like! Love your card she's adorable!

Dixieglitzie said...

So happy for you Holly. I hope you feel right at home at your new job from day one. :)

acreativeneed said...

Great news about the job change, Holly! I hope the new one works out much better for you. Fun card for the challenge!
Smiles, Deena

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Fab job. Love the Stickles. I agree, this is a great image.

Good luck on your new job, hope all goes well.