Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Autumn Days Are Here Again!

Well the temperatures have changed enough here so I can actually feel Autumn in the air and I love it! I couldn't let it go by without creating a card celebrating my favorite season.


(click to enlarge)

I love this From Tiny Acorns image drawn by Lynne Stansbery. I colored it with colored pencils and sponged a little yellow and green ink around the edge of the oval die. The background was created by laying one of the Spellbinders Impressabilities die over the card and sponged some Creamy Caramel and Mellow Moss inks over the stencil. Then I embossed it with a new embossing folder from Provo Craft. The Autumn Days brad from Recollections fit perfectly into one of the embossed circles!

This was also entered into the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast stampers where I CASED THIS CARD.

Thanks for all of the good wishes on my new job. I wish I had a little more to report, but the day was spent doing very little. The person training me was gone a lot of the day so she didn't have time to show me much. Today she is supposed to be there all day, so I look forward to actually learning things and getting some things accomplished. I do think that this job will be the perfect fit for me though. It's a setting I'm used to, and the people are nice. I'll keep you all posted as the job progresses.

I hope you are having as lovely weather as we are! Enjoy your day whatever you do, and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I love this card. Like you, the Autumn is my favorite time of year. Your card really captures that feeling. I love how you've colored the leaves and acorns, so very realistic.
And good luck with the job.

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Holly. I love the image and the background is gorgeous!
Anxious to hear more about your new job!

Pam in Ar. said...

So glad you think the job is going to work out Holly....please do keep us posted :) This card is perfect for the kind of weather we're having! I actually FEEL like doing something now. Too bad it's cook! My waistline is going to suffer I'm afraid LOL....Keep up the beautiful cards..I love them :)

bumblebee creations said...

I love love love your card- what a perfect image!!! So glad you think this one is a better fit!!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Holly!
this is a perfect CASE of Chrissy's autumn leaf card for the FS challenge!
I LOVE the image you used & your embossing! BEAUTIFUL Holly!!
hugs & blessings

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE the embossing folder you used Holly, just gorgeous! The shading/shadows on your image is fantastic, love it!

Marlene said...

Beautiful card - and not just because Autumn also happens to be MY favorite time of year! :) I love the techniques you employed (the embossing and inking)...very nice.

Glad to hear this job sounds like it's going to be a great fit! That's a good thing!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Autumn?!? Say it ain't so. Well, if it has to be autumn at least it looks this gorgeous. Your colouring is beyond incredible. Sigh! I could look at that image all day.