Thursday, September 22, 2011

Daisy Bear

Hi everyone. Sorry for my absence the past couple of days. Things have just been busy. One of my sisters lost her husband over the weekend and I have to make a sympathy card. It's one of those times I wish I had a stash of them to go to like I do birthday cards because it's so hard to make sympathy cards for a loved one. I plan on doing that over the weekend. I know she feels like she's missing half of herself because they've been together for so long. Unfortunately, he didn't have any life insurance and she is having trouble paying for the funeral expenses. As much as I hate to do this, if any of you find it in your heart to donate anything at all to help with this, my nephew has made a page for it here.
Even if it's just a dollar or two, it will help tremendously. I plan on going through my old stamp sets and selling them soon to help too.

I do have a card to share with you today. This card has one of Diane Carubia's cute little bears called Daisy Bear.



(click to enlarge)

I went with some bright, cheery colors because he just looks like he's brought this flower to brighten someones day! I used Copic markers to color and some cheerful flowered designer paper on the background.  I used Copics to color the sky with too instead of my usual chalk!

My job is going wonderfully!  I think they like me working there as much as I like being there, so all's well there!  The weather has been just gorgeous here too, so if you are experiencing the lovely Fall weather please get out and enjoy it!  Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,

I am so, so sorry to hear about your sister losing her husband. I can't even imagine. I am sure the people out here in cyber land can understand you needing a break. I hope you take as long as you need.

Your card is cute and cheerful. I hope it is therapy to make cards and not a chore at this time.

I'm happy your new job is going well. The third time is the charm, right.

Hugs to you Holly

Brat

cat said...

My heart goes out to you and your family Holly. As a person with lots of medical problems I know how hard it is to get life insurance. we were lucky to have found a carrier years ago but have been warned that if we let it slip at all I will not be able to get any so with that said I truly understand the additional hardship that your sister is suffering. will do what I can to assist with this. love and prayers always.
cat s.

bumblebee creations said...

I am so sorry to hear abut your sisters loss!!
I love your card--it is bright and cheery and wonderful!! glad you are liking your new job--you sound like your old self again!!

Tammy said...

So sorry to hear of your sister's loss and to hear it has been compounded by finances is doubly sad. But your card is adorable. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Dixieglitzie said...

Holly, I am so sorry to hear of the sadness that has come to your family. My heart is aching for all of you and I will pray for God to help and heal the hearts of all concerned.
You card is a "blue ribbon winner" in my book. The image is precious and your coloring is just simply yummy :)
So happy to hear that things are going well with your job. ....Of course they are happy....cause they know they have a precious jewel in you.

Dana said...

So sorry to hear this sweetie!! Prayers for you and your family and I will do what I can to spread the word for needed help.
Love you and miss you!
Dana

THERESA said...

So sorry about this big loss and everything that goes with it!
I will offer a craft prize to one person who donate, just let me know how i must do this, with pleasure........:))I can do a posting on my blog with a pic if you want, anyway, mail me at tgerber at telkomsa dot net
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
lotsa luv

Pam in Ar. said...

My heart is heavy for your sister and her family. It's never easy losing a loved one...praying that God's loving arms will be felt wrapped around all of you. I will go to the site you've put on for us and make a donation for your sister. Thanks for sharing it with us Holly. You will all be in my prayers..
I don't know where you find the time to do all of the cards you share with us, but I thank you! You do such a wonderful job :)
Take care......

Marlene said...

Big hugs. Your card is adorable. Please extend my condolences to your sister. :( I visited the donation site and left a little something. Wish it could have been more.

Dawn Frost said...

So sorry to hear about your sister losing her husband. On a happier note great bear card and fantastic to hear you're enjoying your job!

Reflections from Granny said...

Holly, I'm so sorry about your sister's loss, many prayers for her and your family.

Hugs, Lori m

Becky said...

This is so adorable and colored beautifully.
I am so sorry for sisters loss.

acreativeneed said...

Holly, I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Your card is adorable, and I'm so glad your job is going well!
smiles,Deena

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Words can't say how sorry I am to hear about your family's loss. Sending you all love...

Shawna said...

Oh Holly, I am sorry to hear about your BIL. I will keep your sis in my prayers. I have been out of the loop for a bit....... busy, busy, busy.
That Riley!! OUCH!!!! Burger sends his love. Take care my friend.

JD said...

Holly, so sorry for your loss, Will put you and your family in my prayers.
Your card is adorable!

marilynprestonn said...

Darling little guy! I love his "littow" face and teeth. Beautifuly colored and the fun scalloped punched border too. :)Peggyxo

Heather said...

I'm so sorry about your sister losing her husband.

I like the card- very sweet.