Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ho Ho Ho

Hi everyone! Today is a busy, but fun day for me. I'm going to get my errands done this morning and this afternoon I'll be playing at the Fork and Talk event sponsored by EK Success! I will be sure to tell you all about it, and I plan on taking my camera with me so you can see pictures.

Be sure you take some time to stop by Squigglefly's store today to see what's new! Some really cute images were released.

I have another Christmas card to share today.


(click to enlarge)

This Rotund Santa is drawn by Bonita Jones and I love the short squatness to him! I textured his hat with snow tex, and then I went really wild with is mustache and beard! I applied glue to the area and then spread apart a cotton ball and laid that on top. After it had dried, I pulled the cotton off and was left with this white fluffiness. What do you think?

I printed my "Ho Ho Ho" on the computer and cut the letters out and glued them on. Then I applied stickles to make them stand out better. After that I just filled in the circles of the "O"s with a red copic marker.

I hope your Saturday is a fun filled one! Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Holly, absolutely adorable! What a clever idea to use cotton, definitely going to give it a try!

bumblebee creations said...

this is so very cute!! Can't wait to hear about your day today! How is the job going?

Anonymous said...

This is SO cute Holly. I love his very bushy face!

Terri / Brat

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ooooooooooo, i want to snuggle into that beard! super cute.

hope you are well.

hugs :)

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I love this little guy! That is the most adorable santa every and what an awesome beard for such a little guy!

Elaine Allen

JD said...

This is really cute and creative!

Marlene said...

Oh, he's cute. Love his beard!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Complete Genius! That beard. Oh my gosh that's too clever. Love how he's short and fat. The word "squatness" has to be one of THE best words ever. :O)