Saturday, September 3, 2011

I Can't Hold It In Any Longer

Hi everyone, and happy long weekend! I had my last day at work and it feels good to be free from that place. I have to say though, that everyone was really nice to me. Right before it was time for me to leave my boss came back and said she was blocking the door. Then she wished me the best at my new job, told me I deserved it and that they were lucky to be getting me. That was nice to hear. However, I did find out that they are now posting my position for TWO PEOPLE! It sure would have been nice if I had been getting paid the salary of two people while I was doing the job, or at the very least had someone to help with the workload I was doing. Oh well, C'est la vie! I will start my new job on Tuesday and will be sure to let you all know how it goes.

I have a birthday card to share with you today! This one uses one of Marlene Shaw's images called Urine My Thoughts, but I didn't use the sentiment that comes with it.


(click to enlarge)

I used Copic markers to color the image and then jazzed it up a bit with a loopy border punch on the side. The sentiment was computer generated, and then I cut it apart and staggered the words. Here's the inside


(click to enlarge)

I hope you have a relaxing long weekend! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

very cute card!!! I am glad they were nice to you when you left...it makes it much more pleasant that way-good luck in the new job!!
Can't wait to see the new release!

scrappinkaren said...

I am glad you left on good terms. Sometimes we are so frustrated and don't ever feel that they appreciated us. I am sure they now will realize your commitment and value. I hope your new job is rewarding and you like it. Good luck! I love your card.

scrappinkaren said...

I am glad you left on good terms. Sometimes we are so frustrated and don't ever feel that they appreciated us. I am sure they now will realize your commitment and value. I hope your new job is rewarding and you like it. Good luck! I love your card.

Linda said...

Very cute!
Now when do you start your new job? What is it! Good luck. Have a wonderful long weekend.

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Cute card.
Good luck with your new job!
Have a great weekend!

Tammy said...

Too cute Holly and your sentiment is perfect! Have a great weekend!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I'm sure you feel so much relief that its over. But it is nice to know they thought well of you, as if they'd dare think anything else - LOL!
I LOVE this card Holly. It is just too funy and I must admit that I've been there - ROFL!! While the original sentiment was funny, I really love yours. Have a wonderful weekend!

Elaine Allen

Dixieglitzie said...

aren't you clever...lol
soooooooo cute!

Pam in Ar. said...

So glad you're excited about starting your new job Tuesday. I just knew when I saw the title of your card today you were going to say, "I'm going to be a grandmother"!! LOL, one day you'll give us that news :) Love the card.

Marlene said...

Brilliant!!! Love the sentiment you came up with for this snarky image! Teehee!!!

Good luck at the new job - I just KNOW you'll please the new boss. Hell, woman, you were working doubly hard at the job you just left, evidenced by the fact that they need TWO people to replace you!

Reflections from Granny said...

Too Cute and good luck with the new job, Happy Labor Day! Hugs, Lori m

Dawn Frost said...

Its amazing you did the job as long as you did! I love this image, she's just a scream.

scrappin sista said...

I love how you did this card,I scrap lifted it from you!! Thanks for the inspiration!!