Sunday, September 18, 2011

Purple bubbles

Good morning everyone! I hope your weekend is going well. Riley was taken to the vet on Friday and the vet said she was surprised that Riley hasn't done this before because it's very common for her breed to snag their nails and have them ripped out. I certainly hope it doesn't happen again because I'm sure it's very painful. She didn't even wrap it up or put her on antibiotics. Poor baby is limping on it though. Rain came in and cancelled our planned boat outing, and we are planning on doing that later on this evening. The weather has been perfect.

Did you get a look at Squigglefly's new release yesterday?  I love the Halloween ones from Suzanne Urban, and those monsters of Brian Lock's are too cute!   Deena Perreault made her drawing debut with some beauties!  I love the sketchy look of her images.   Also, in case you missed it - Squigglefly is having a bit of sale and offering 10% off with a code word.  You can find the code word on their blog, but you have to hurry because I think the sale ends tonight!

Now to announce the winner of prize from the EK Success goodie bag! Random.org picked #5 which makes Dixieglitz the winner! Dixieglitz has won......let me dig into the bag......

A Laliberi zipper flower kit! I suppose if you don't want to wear the flowers you can add them to cards or scrapbook pages, and the jewels and pearls will do nicely for card embellishing. Please send me your address so I can get this in the mail! My e mail is usyungs@gmail.com.

Can you stand another Christmas card?


(click to enlarge)

This adorable snowman is one of Cheryl Alger's called Bubble Blower Snowman.  He's colored with Copic markers and I added a little bit of stickles around the edges of him.  The snowflakes are made with a Martha Stewart punch and I added little jewels to the center.  The pink cardstock was punched with an EK Success  border punch.  Isn't it a pretty one?  The sentiment at the top is from Stampin' Up!

I'm going to get started on my weekly meal preparation and then I hope to make a card for today's Featured Stamper challenge.  Enjoy your Sunday, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Love it Holly! Fabulous colors and coloring and the snowflakes are gorgeous.
Poor sweet Riley!!!

bumblebee creations said...

Hey Holly! Hope you are enjoying your Sunday! I am so jealous of your organization with the weekly meals! Love your card--Can you believe Christmas really isn't that far away! Hope you have a great work week -can't wait to see all the super creations tomorrow for the new challenge!

Pam in Ar. said...

I never get tired of looking at Christmas cards Holly! I like the color of paper you chose, goes well with the coloring you did. Looks like it shines but it could just be the lighting from the flash???

Have a great Sunday and thanks for sharing. Glad Riley is ok too....

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Oh my poor Ms. Riley! I feel so bad for her. Give her hugs and kisses from me.
Love your card, so cute! Heading over to Squigglefly to see what they have.

Elaine Allen

Terri The Brat said...

Oh, your poor little Riley. Give her a scratch behind the ear for me.

Cute card. I like those colors. You made that bright pink really work with the shimmery papers and glittered edge.

Yes! The release was great! I just had a huge feeling Deena would soon be a designer when I saw her sketch of the boy/backpack!

Niki said...

Love the shimmery paper, very pretty. I'm behind on my Christmas cards, haven't made one yet. Best get going on it. Am ashamed to say I had to send out some store bought cards last year. I didn't get enough made.

Marlene said...

Those zipper flowers are so cool...congrats to the winner!

Your card is adorable. I love pinks and purples...and I love shimmery stuff! You've managed to put a lot of shit I love on one card, woman.

marilynprestonn said...

This is just the darlingest of snowman Holly. You are so good at making us all smile. Thank you for all that you do, you are such a sweetie, no matter what Marlene says about you, I think you're sweet. LOL

Hugs, Peggyxo

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE the glittery paper you used for the card, its gorgeous! Love the snowman and snowflakes.
Poor Riley, I feel for him. Can you imagine if one of your fingernails was ripped out? Ouch!

acreativeneed said...

Such a sweet snowman Holly and I like your non traditional colors too! Thanks for the shout out too; it was such a rush to see my images up there with all those talented designers!
Smiles,Deena

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

This is SO sweet. LOVE that image & the way you coloured & glittered it.