Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Real Man & Blog Candy Winner!

Hi everyone! It's almost the end of the week and it's a brand new month! I'm so glad to see August behind us because it means we are that much closer to FALL! Well, my blog candy is over and I have a winner! Unfortunately, the winner did not enter into any Squigglefly blog challenges during the month, so she is missing out on what I was going to add to the prize package, but that's good news for YOU because I'll be adding it to my next blog candy!

anyway, without further ado the winner is Elaine A! Elaine, please contact me at usyungs@gmail.com with your mailing address so I can get your prize to you. Thank you to everyone who left me comments!

Now, let's get to today's card! My best friend called me the other night to read me something that her daughter had posted on her facebook page. When I heard it, I just had to write it down and make a card with it.


(click to enlarge)

I used The Wheels Are Turning image by Chesney Young and colored it with Copic markers. The wording was printed at the same time as the image. Now for the inside:


(click to enlarge)

I printed the words on my computer and used the wine glass from the Wine Country image at Squigglefly. I thought it was pretty funny, how about you?

Hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Colleen said...

LOL Great card
ColleenB.

Betty J Schaub said...

too funny!

Dixieglitzie said...

Good one Holly ;-)
Excellent job coloring "wheels spinning" lady. She's sooooo pretty.

Shawna said...

Oh this card is just too funny!!!

Tammy said...

Ha-ha! Fabulous card, sentiment is terrific!

eiyiyi said...

Love, love, love it Holly! Fantastic card. hugs, eileen

Dawn Frost said...

LOL fantastic card Holly, love the image and how you coloured her!

cgl1539 said...

Congrats Elaine and hilarious card, I love it.

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahaha! You made a gorgeous card out of this saying.

I had to wonder for a minute if it was YOU that came up with the smarty pants inside!

Terri / Brat

bumblebee creations said...

congrats to the winner of blog candy-and what a fun card--loving that sentiment!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

That just made me giggle, too funny. And I love Chesney's image. I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree - LOL! Thank you so much for selecting my name as the winner of your blog candy! I'm doing my happy dance! As for not doing any the Squigglefly challenges, I would have loved to, but I've been working some really crazy hours lately. In fact in NY its almost 10PM and I just got off work at 9:30. And I started at 8 and went right through lunch! So no challenges (besides work) for me - LOL! I'll email you with my home address. And thanks again. I really do love today's card!

Elaine Allen

Marlene said...

*snort* I read this one out loud to hubby....he was all googly eyed at me until I got to the zinger inside! Then his eyebrows shot up and he gave me that look that says "Awww crap!" LOL!!!!

Great card - funny as all hell!

Erica said...

Too funny! Great card!

San Diego Mobile Notary