Tuesday, September 27, 2011

santa claus is coming to town

Good morning everyone. I have been a very bad blogger lately! I can't seem to get cards made lately. I am blaming the beautiful weather we've been having. It keeps me outside with Riley too much!

It's hard to believe that Christmas is only 88 days away! The stores have already got Christmas stuff up and it's not even Halloween yet! So, I had to had another Christmas card to my small little stack - I really need to get on the ball!



(click to enlarge)

This Kris Kringle image by Marla Shega has to be my favorite Santa Claus image ever.  He is such fun to color and is such a wonderful old fashioned looking Santa.  I used copic markers to color him with and used gold embossing on his spectacles and then filled them in with crystal lacquer.  A little bit of glitter was used on his beard because no Christmas card is complete with some sparkle!
The sentiment was computer generated.

Be sure to stop by Squigglefly's blog to see the new challenge this week!  I'll try my best to get some cards made and not be such a stranger!  Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Sheree said...

LOVE THAT STAMP!!!! You've done a fabulous job colouring this guy! I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,

Very nice. This is such a wonderful image. I like the gold on his spectacles and the crystal lacquer.

Happy Fall,
Terri / Brat

Pam in Ar. said...

A person can never have too many Christmas cards Holly.....another good one :) Enjoy this beautiful weather we've been having!

Marlene said...

That really is a GORGEOUS image...and you've made a gorgeous card with it - I LOVE the sparkle in his beard!

88 days until Christmas? Really?!! Geeze Louise, I'd better get cracking. How is your sister doing?

Tammy said...

I agree with you, the image is fantastic, and you've colored him beautifully!

Kim said...

wonderful card Holly!

JD said...

Great card! I guess I better get started on my Christams cards too, I am so slow At getting them done every year.

acreativeneed said...

I agree, he's a gorgeous Santa!! Fabulous Christmas card Holly!
smiles,Deena

bumblebee creations said...

love the santa card!! love how his beard turned out!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love this one!

hugs ;)