Tuesday, September 6, 2011

SFC114 Rollin' With The Blues

Hi everyone! Having a hard time getting back to work after the long weekend? I'm rarin' to go - I start my new job this morning and I'm excited about it.

This week's challenge on the Squigglefly blog is to make a card using greens and/or blues. I went with blues on my card and added to my Christmas card stash with this adorable Shy Bear called Ornament Bear by Lynne Stansbery.


(click to enlarge)

I colored him with Copic markers and added some Snow Tex to his hat. I love the texture of that stuff! The sentiment is computer generated, and I added a punched and glittered snowflake at the top.

A lot of my crafting time this weekend was spent making Christmas cards. I really need to get busy on those! I'm usually a lot further along by now, but all of this job stuff has me behind.
I really want to see more entries in the Squigglefly challenge this week, so go make a blue or green card and enter for me!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Holly, how precious! Love the image and your coloring. Sweet DP too.

bumblebee creations said...

this is so so cute Holly!! I am living that lil'image! All the shy bears are just adorable! Have fun on your first day of the job!!

Pam in Ar. said...

I'll bet the cooler weather has put you in the mood to make those Christmas Cards too!!! I'm lovin it! Good luck with the new job today, can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow. Thank you so much for the unexpected card this weekend, it meant a lot to me Holly :) You rock it!!!!

acreativeneed said...

Best of luck with the new job Holly! Your card is so cute! I like all your rounded corners and the snow on his hat!
Have a great day!
Deena

Elaine A said...

Love the card Holly. I love how you always manage to make your bears so fluffy and cuddly! Best wishes for the new job! Hope everything goes well.

Elaine Allen

Dixieglitzie said...

another really cute card...good job holly :)

Heather said...

Very cute- but do we really need to be thinking about Christmas this early? School hasn't started yet ;)

Dawn Frost said...

Oooooh I LOVE shybears, he is gorgeous!

Sharon Jones said...

Aww, Holly, this little bear has got to be the cutest! And I love your coloring and those colors look great together! The snowflake are pretty, too! Good luck on your new job, sweetie.
Hugz,
Sharon

Marlene said...

This is such a pretty shy bear card! Love it in blue, too!!!

JanR said...

Way cute, Holly!