Friday, September 9, 2011

Yellow Snow

EW, not THAT kind of snow! LOL! I have a snowman card done in yellows!


(click to enlarge)

I used another of Cheryl Alger's cute snowmen. This one is called Jump, Snowman Jump! I used Copic markers to color it and outlined the snowman with a glue pen and then sprinkled some glitter on. The sentiment is computer generated and die cut with a circle die. I then sponged the circle with some yellow ink. I'm having fun using colors that aren't normally associated with Christmas cards.

Tomorrow is the big Talk and Fork Event sponsored by EK Success! I'm really excited about it. I heard that EK Success is giving everyone some wonderful goodies, plus we get to make a group project using some of their supplies. After lunch our projects are going to be judged via Skype by EK Success! Sounds like a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon doesn't it?

I've been learning more and more at my new job, and so far it's a job I do enjoy. I'm anxious to learn more so I can do more for them. I so appreciate all of your prayers and good wishes!
Have a fantastic Friday, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

So glad to hear that your new job is going well! I've gotta love having you.
Love your card and the yellow is a terrific idea!

Dana said...

So adorable Holly!! I cracked up at your title : )
I am going to have to try your outlining with glue pen and then glitter. It looks great!
Glad everything is working out with your new job too
xx
Dana

bumblebee creations said...

So excited for you about liking you new job--and whoohooo sounds like a blast with the EK Success day you have planned!! Make something wonderful Holly!!

Dixieglitzie said...

Ladybug...you're NUTS....and WE ARE SOOOOOO GLAD ABOUT THAT :) I could hardly wait to hop over to your blog to see what in the world you had done with "yellow snow"...lol, still laughing about that one Holly.
So glad that you finally found a job that "fits". Enjoy your week end sweet lady.

acreativeneed said...

Holly, I love your yellow holiday card! Cute snowman and I like how you added the glitter! Sounds like an awesome way to spend a Saturday; have fun!!
Smiles, Deena

Pam in Ar. said...

Yay for the job like!!!!! So happy for you :) Love the "cooler" looking cards you're making, we have been having some awesome weather haven't we!!!!

Enjoy your weekend too..what's on the dinner menu for this next week?? LOL

Dawn Frost said...

lol very funny! Great yellow snowman Holly.

JD said...

Cute! I like your yellow snow card. Brought back memories for me of the time I bought my grandson a T-shirt which read "Don't eat the yellow snow." He loved it!

Marlene said...

Adorable card - but with that title, I must admit, it was not exactly what I was expecting. YELLOW SNOW...yeah....I'm gross.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Ah! This is such a nice soft unique colour palette for winter. LOVE it!