Monday, October 10, 2011

ARRR!

Good morning everyone! Are you one of the lucky ones who have today as a holiday? It's Columbus Day here in the states and Thanksgiving Day in Canada - so happy day to all of you! I still have to go to work today, but that's okay. I enjoy my job and had lots of crafting time this weekend.

Squigglefly has a new challenge on the blog today and it's such a simple one that there's no reason you shouldn't play along! It's Yipes Stripes! (How many of you remember that chewing gum commercial?) Anyway, it's as simple as using stripes on your project! Here's what I came up with.



I used the new Nerdy Boy Pirate by Marlene Shaw and thought the stripes on his shirt were sufficient for the challenge.  Isn't he a cutie?  I came up with the sentiment and Marlene was kind enough to make it into a cool looking one complete with skull and crossbones, so if you've already bought this image look for that soon at Squigglefly.  I found a skull and crossbones on the internet and made the background paper using Adobe Photoshop Elements.  There's a great tutorial that my daughter made showing how to do that HERE.  If you don't have Adobe Photoshop Elements, you can download GIMP free and still do it.

Now, just in case the stripes on the shirt aren't enough to qualify here's another one I did that uses striped paper.


Yes, it's another riddle for ya! LOL! The image is one by Lynne Stansbery called Sumo Wrestler. I made this for a friend who could use a laugh. Here's the inside.


One last thing I'd like to tell you all is that Squigglefly's newsletter went out yesterday, and just in case you haven't signed up to receive it you can save 25% on your entire order by using the code spookysavings when you check out!  This is good for the whole month of October, so it's a great way to not only save on your Halloween images but Thanksgiving and Christmas images too!   I hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Both of the sentiments on your cards made me laugh, especially the sumo wrestler! Love your cards.

Dixieglitzie said...

Holly...I love the way your mind works....soooooo funny. Oh my, and now you are in "ca-hoots" with "Marlooney"...lol.

Oh yea, you two will have the rest of us laughing for days:)

Thanks again for sharing with us.

Pam in Ar. said...

Now that's funny stuff Holly...Sumo Wrestler..feminist=BAHAHAHAHA...I hope you have an awesome day :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooooohhhhh! SLAM! Does this mean if I shave my legs I will look like a Sumo Wrestler!?

What a cute pirate card too. I love your created BG paper to go with it.

Caution: This Comment post was not reviewed to edit out anything that could be taken the wrong way. You could infer that I comb my legs or that I'm shaped like a sumo wrestler, or that I AM a sumo wrestler, or that I am a feminist or that I don't like them. SO WHAT?????

Terri / Brat

Marlene said...

Both your cards are awesome, Holly! I love how they turned out. Wouldn't have even thought to use the stripes on the pirate's shirt in the challenge - but it works well! Thanks for the idea for that sentiment - it works perfectly!

acreativeneed said...

Sooooo funny Holly!! And aren't Marlene's Halloween images fantastic?! I love your skull background paper too!
smiles,Deena

Heather said...

I want that sentiment! Marlene did a great job and it is perfect for the image!

marilynprestonn said...

Omygosh Holly, this is hilarious as I went to the doctor because my legs were hurting, turns out it's just old age and varicoses...but yeah, I had not shaved my legs before. So this one has got me rolling on the floor.

Way to go my dear. Just love it. :)Peggy

P.S. I shaved my legs yesterday because my husband was threatening to sleep on the sofa. LOL

scrappin sista said...

Love, love,love the pirate image and what you did with it..you did a awesome job on both cards!!