Monday, October 31, 2011

Birthday Pie

Good morning and Happy Halloween to you all! I am so excited to be taking the treat bags I made for my boss's kids with me to work today.  I really hope they like them.  If you missed yesterday's post, I announced the winner of the My Memories Scrapbook Software, so take a look to see if it was you!

I was going to save today's card for tomorrow, but a snowstorm stopped Marlene from posting on the Squigglefly blog so I offered to post it for her and am now obligated to show my card a day earlier than I intended to.   Today's challenge on the Squigglefly blog is by Marlene and it's Tickle My Fancy - which means to make a funny card because funny cards tickle Marlene!

I love funny cards too, so today's challenge was way fun for me! I used Bran Lock's Party Pig for me card. I didn't color him as a pig though, I colored him more like a cow. I figure if the you overlook his curly tail you won't notice.



I colored with Copic markers and used a border punch on both sides of the paper to create the border in pink and then wrapped it with a piece of sheer ribbon.  I added some googley eyes to make it a little more fun and funny.    The sentiment was computer generated.   Here's the inside of  the card



totally worth coming here to see, don't you think?  Please try to find time to play along this week!  I love funny cards and am always looking for more to add to my arsenal!  Today is the last day to buy at Squigglefly and be entered in the Mega Giveaway, so if there are any images you've been on the fence about today's the day to go ahead and get 'em!  Have a fabulous Halloween and don't let the trick or treaters spook ya!

14 comments:

JanR said...

Tee hee. Good one!

(Check the link to your site from Squigglefly. I had an issue with it.)

Linda said...

LOL that is cute!

Niki said...

Love your sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

Accckkkkk, Blechhhhhhh - ahahahahha!

Terri/Brat

Sheree said...

Hahahahaha! I LOVE this Holly! That image is a hoot and the sentiments inside and out are hilarious!! Well done!
Hugs,
Sheree

bumblebee creations said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! HOlly this is just the bestest!!!!I totally totally love it!!!!

Vicki said...

Holly this is one funny card! You are the queen of humor!

HUGS!
Vicki

Tammy said...

Funny, funny! Love the image and your coloring! Wonderful sentiment!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a cow until I read your description...good coloring...I didn't even see curly tail...

Linda W. said...

Oh my - that was really worth flipping over! Yah Holly!

Marlene said...

ROFL! I didn't even have to read it twice to get it right away! YAY ME. LOL!! Love his googly eyes!

Patti aka NW Lady said...

Love this card Holly, but the saying just makes it!!!! Patti

Pam in Ar. said...

Bahahahaha, I'll make you a "pie". LOVE your humor Holly :) Hope you had a good Halloween :)

acreativeneed said...

Bwahahaha!! Love the punch line! Cute and funny, Holly!
smiles,Deena