Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Faking It

Hi everyone! The cookies were a big hit at work.  A couple of the guys said they wouldn't have known there was bacon in them if I hadn't told them.  I have eaten way too many of them myself!

 Yesterday was nearly ninety degrees, but the rain has moved in over night and today the high is supposed to only reach 62! Yippee skippee! The weatherman is even saying that we'll dip into the thirties this Friday night. I'm so happy to hear this, I mean it's mid October and 90 degrees is ridiculous!

 I told you that there was a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog. It's called Face Your Fears and you are to make a scary card or something that you are afraid of. The design team did a fantastic job on their creations and you should really go check them out. Also, there's even more reason to play along because Squigglefly is having a Mega Giveaway and every image you buy puts you in the drawing for it, so what better reason to go browse those scary images and purchase one to play?

I have a card to show today, but it's not one I made for the blog challenge. I'm still working on that one. This one uses the Starlet image by Chesney Young and the sentiment is one that will be available soon. Squigglefly is getting ready to release a bunch of great new sentiments that you will love!


I colored this with Copic markers and embossed the background designer paper with a Sizzix embossing folder.  The sentiment was die cut and then chalked a little while still in the die.

I hope ya'll have a wonderful day and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Dixieglitzie said...

i love it holly...sooooo pretty. love the embossed back ground. :)

Linda said...

Great card Holly. I love the embossing. I am afraid to make you cookies for fear I would eat them all.

Pam in Ar. said...

You always do such a good job coloring Holly.....Am anxious to try those cookies too!!

BBBRRrrrrrr, it's cold here 59 degrees and wind blowing hard..if it's not to you yet, it will be!

Marlene said...

LOL....that's a ME card! Ha ha ha. Love it. Fabby embossing, too!

Shawna said...

Dynamnite coloring Holly!

Dawn Frost said...

I love the background, wow, what a gorgeous embossing folder! The sentiment is so perfect with the image, lol! Great card Holly.

scrappin sista said...

very cute card!! I love it!!