Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Witches

Happy Weekend! for those of you experiencing a headache from yesterday's riddle, I have the answer, and now I see where I kept messing up. I failed to go back and read the main paragraph - I concentrated on the clues alone. this made me forget the fact that all of the items were donated over a two week period. I think had I remembered that I would have figured it out. Anyway, here is the answer

Mr. Olson was from Midway and donated the water wheel.
Ms. Miller was from Fulton and donated the wagon.
Mr. Jacobs was from Fenton and donated the harness set.
Ms. Beebe was from Senton and donated the trunk.
Mr. Reyes was from Canton and donated the wood burning stove.
Ms. Alcott was from Keeton and donated the sewing machine.

How about another halloween card? This one used another Brian Lock image called Witch Moon.

(big enough for ya?)

I colored the image with copic markers and then chalked the sky.  It's actually darker looking than the photo makes it look.  Then I took a white gel pen and dotted little stars all over the sky.  The spider and web border is from Martha Stewart.  I still may add some eyes to the spiders - they look weird to me without them.
Have a fun weekend, and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Sheree said...

That image is adorable!! Love your colouring and layout Holly!

Tammy said...

Such a fun Halloween Image! Awesome punch you used.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Oh man that witch & cat are CUTE! Love the look on their faces.

Marlene said...

So cute! I haven't seen that punch before....that'll teach me for not venturing into any crafting stores in over a month, eh? I think googly eyes on those spiders would totally rock!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely shade of blue she is! This is cute. That punch is SO fun.

As for the riddle - we haven't tried it yet so I have my metaphorical fingers in my metaphorical ears and I'm chanting nah, nah, nah so I don't hear the answer until later.

See ya or Read ya later1

Terri / Brat

marilynprestonn said...

Cool witch! I love this fun image and the way you got her colored in so beautifuly. Well done my dear. WOW Hugsxo

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i think the teacher is a WITCH for giving 3rd graders such a gosh-awful riddle! but sure love your card! it depicts the teacher perfectly - in my opinion of course.

hugs :)

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL, looks like your witch has had too much of her "Brew". Kind of crazy eyed LOL