Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Caroling

Hi everyone! Has the weather gotten cold for you? It finally has here and we've been enjoying having a fire in the fireplace the last few nights. Yesterday the sky was white enough to make me think it could snow! I would love to have a snowfall. Creating a winter scene is the challenge issued to us by Marlene on the Squigglefly blog this week and I think my cards made with the brand new Here We Come A Caroling are perfect for this challenge!

This first one is cut with a circle die and framed with scallops.  I just embossed a piece of card stock for a decorative trim on the side.  The pine cones and boughs are dusted with a little bit of snow that I did using my faux flower soft .  I really like using the faux method for this snow dusting - it's very realistic - more so than the Flower Soft is although I haven't tried the finer Flower Soft.



The second card has a loopy border and some graduating sizes of green rain dots.  I used the faux flower soft on this as well.


And my final card has some ribbon.


This image colors up really quickly so you could make several in a short time!  One final picture I'd like to share with you  is of my boss's youngest daughter, Tara.  She was in my office yesterday after school playing around with me and I cut a mustache out of paper and stuck it on her so she struck a pose for me!  This little girl is so lovable and has already wrapped me around her finger!


Have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Shawna said...

So festive and fabulous coloring on your cards Holly. Love the use of your faux flower soft ----- something I want to try making this year.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love your cards, my favorite is the one with the ribbon. And I love the faux snow idea. Your boss' youngest is so adorable. What gorgeous eyes!

Elaine Allen

Becky said...

What fabulous cards, loving this image.

Anonymous said...

Three cards, three ways, with your beautiful coloring - a great combo. I would be tortured trying to figure out what colors to use. Not you! You just do several different ways and they all turn out! Hummpph! Your snow is terrific too.

Your boss' daughter is beautiful. What pretty eyes. I see she has also drawn a picture. Very nice!

Enjoy your day Holly.

Terri / Brat

Pam in Ar. said...

I think I like the card with the ribbon the best...you are so thrifty! Love the faux flower soft :) So glad you like your new job AND your new friend :) Kids are great!
What about that snow in NE Ar. yesterday?? Something else huh! Have a great day Holly :)

Sharon Jones said...

Great tutorial, Holly!! TFS!! Now it's my turn to go get some and try...can't wait, gf!! ;D

SAMARA NAVI said...

haha I love the last pic! Hi Holly - I love how you have colored the leaves on your carollers. They are gorgeous! So real and look like they are very much taking their carolling to heart. This is much to do with your coloring and your papers! Just lovely! Divine Love, Samara

Tammy said...

Fantastic cards Holly, love the beautiful green backgrounds you created to go with the pretty image.

What a sweetie Tara looks to be, no wonder she's wrapped you around her fingers!

Inger said...

Fabulous cards!
So beautifully coloured Holly!

Betty J Schaub said...

these are all lovely.I esp. like the texture on the first one. TFS

Anonymous said...

I'm having a tiny problem I can't seem to be able to subscribe your feed, I'm using google reader by the way.

Linda W. said...

Beautiful job on the cards - I love the Flower Soft effect you achieved! Tara is a heart melter! Give her a hug from me.

Suzy said...

Love the 'stache!

acreativeneed said...

These are fabulous Holly!! This image is gorgeous and your coloring of them is wonderful! I love all the green! Sweet mustache!!
smiles,Deena

JanR said...

Great card, Holly! I really like the embossing on the first one.

Faith A said...

GREAT cards Holly, Beautiful image,love the colouring too and how you have put them all together.

Anonymous said...

This is precisely the important information I'd been searching for. Incredible blog. Very inspirational! Your posts are so good and also detailed. The links you come with are also very beneficial as well. Many thanks :)