Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Driving to the Teaparty

Hi everyone. I don't know what happened to the beautiful weather we were having. Seems like Fall left and let summer come back for a few days. Yesterday was about 80 degrees and muggy and buggy! We did get some rain though, and they are saying that tomorrow night it will be close to freezing!

Today is Tuesday, so you know that means there is another Mothermark Teaparty and this week is a really special one. Most of you in blogland are familiar with Katie Renz and her courageous battle with cancer. The whole stamping community was very saddened when Katie lost that battle on November 7th. Katie was only 40 years old, and leaves behind a loving husband and three young boys. Katie's youngest two sons are twins who will be celebrating their 6th birthday on November 19th and the teapartiers want to help make this birthday special for them. They are both all boy and in love with cars, trucks, buses, etc. so our cards are to have that theme and we make twin cards!

Here are the cards I made for Will and Nate.




I used the Mini Car image from Squigglefly and colored it with Copic markers. For the wheels I die cut some buttons and stitched through the holes with some embroidery floss and then popped them up on pop dots.
I accented the corners with blue rain dots and computer generated the sentiment.
Here's a close up of one of the cards. I hope these boys get a ton of happy mail for their birthday!


Since Squigglefly's challenge happens to be birthday cards this week, I'm making these cards count for that! If you haven't seen the Squigglefly challenge, go by and take a look!

Don't forget about my Pick and Draw giveaway HERE! Have a fabulous day, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

House Revivals said...

This is so cute. Love the way you did the wheels. So heartbreaking that Katie has passed, and I love that you are doing this for her boys.

Anonymous said...

These cards are adorable. So sorry to hear about Katie. Blessings for her children and husband.

Marlene said...

Very sweet cards, and such a nice thing to do. My heart breaks for those boys, and for her husband. Katie's death was such a huge loss for so many.

Linda W. said...

You are so special Holly! What a wonderful thing to do for the twins. Your cards are totally fun - I'm going to copy them! :)

Tammy said...

Sweet cards Holly! Kudos to you for participating!

bumblebee creations said...

awhhhh. I love this one Holly!!!

Heather said...

Cute cards, Holly! I like the button wheels- I need to try that with that image.

How thoughtful of you for participating.

acreativeneed said...

It breaks my heart when I hear anything like this Holly! I think it's so sweet to send these and they are adorable cards!!
hugs,Deena

Pam in Ar said...

Great idea! Buttons for wheels...so sad to hear of Kate, I've been out of the loop for too long. I hope the boys get lots of happy mail....