Monday, November 14, 2011

Frosty Day

Hi everyone! Did your weekend fly by as fast as mine? It was a good one though. I got a lot of things done and had a lot of fun visiting with friends and family. Before I get to today's cards let me remind you that there is one more week to get in on the chance to win the Pick and Draw game as well as a signed piece of artwork from Squigglefly artist Rich Davis. You can read more about it and enter your comment on THIS POST.

Friday night Splitcoast Stampers was having a Winter Wonderland mini virtual stamp night with lots of fun challenges. I played along in a couple of them. One of the challenges was to make a card for a favorite holiday song and to use at least two layers and an embellishment.

I went with Frosty the Snowman and used the wonderful Snowy Card snowman image by Marla Shega.


I used Copic markers to color and added some ribbon and little jewel to the snowflake. I so enjoyed creating this little card that I made two more in different color schemes.



that last one has a row of embossed snowflakes at the bottom and I swiped them with a little white ink to make them stand out more.

Today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglelfy blog, so swing by and see what the challenge is and what the marvels have done!  Have a fabulous day, and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards Holly! Love the backgrounds you've created.

Linda W. said...

Beautiful cards - the best part of the holiday season is all the creating we ladies get to do, right? BTW, Holly, I love the 'swipe with white ink' on the snowflakes! Great reminder!

Anonymous said...

What a cute set of cards. I'm glad you had time to squeeze some card making in. :)

What weekend!?! I need another one! And a housekeeper, and a massage, and more paper, and ...

Terri / Brat

Sheree said...

Love those snowmen!! Great job once again Holly! Your colouring on the hats and scarves is so perfect that it makes them look like velvet!

Marlene said...

Colored beautifully, they are.....every single one of 'em! Love the snowflakes on the last one. So pretty.

Dixieglitzie said...

this weekend seems like a blurrrr....passed so fast. love ur cards holly. #3 is stunning...so very pretty :) have a great week.

Pam in Ar. said...

You always do such a good job with your coloring! Great Christmas cards Holly :)