Friday, November 18, 2011

A Funny For Your Friday

Hi everyone! I've got a funny story and a funny card to share with you today. The story has to do with Riley. I so wish I had had my video camera with me yesterday because this was so hilarious and I know my telling it won't be near as funny as it was seeing it. Anyway, we went out to the park for a little walk. We come upon a piece of black flexible tubing that the park uses for drainage. This particular piece was about 7 feet long and was in a pile of stuff to be thrown out. Riley goes up to the tubing and is all over it like she smells something inside the tube. Brock picked the tube up and knocked it around and a bunch of leaves and grass fall out which we are thinking was probably bedding for a now long gone mouse. Riley is smelling all of the stuff coming out, but she is still really interested in this pipe. She starts clawing at it and I see a little split in the tube which tells me they probably are throwing it out because of this split. Anyway, we break the tube apart at the split and knock it around more, but Riley is so insistent that something is in that tube and she wants it!

Brock tosses the longer piece of tube aside onto a parking lot and Riley sticks her head into the tube and is trying to get inside, but it's too small for her body so as she walks the tube is being pushed. the tube is curved, so she's really just going in a circle. She went round and round and round, and every now and then would pull her head out and look excitedly toward the other end to see if she scared anything out, and then she'd stick her head back in and go round and round some more. It was SO FUNNY! She did this for about twenty minutes and I finally just pulled her out and had to make her leave. We had plans to bring her back this afternoon and this time I'd bring my camera, but after we got home she was limping and I think she walked so much on that pavement around and around that the pads on one of her paws is raw! As soon as she's healed though we are going back and will be sure to place the tube in the grass instead of on the pavement AND I will have camera in hand - just hope the mouse scent is still strong!

So now how about a funny card? This one uses one of Marlene Shaw's fun images called You Deserve The Moon. It comes with the sentiment too. Don't you love that shadow effect on the sentiment? I colored this with copic markers.




Here's a peek at the inside sentiment which is computer generated by me.


Don't forget about my Pick And Draw giveaway HERE - the winner will be announced on Sunday! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Deonna said...

Hilarious!!! I love your "moon" card and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

I love your funny card.

Have a great weekend!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This is just too cute! You sure made me giggle this morning with this. Just absolutely perfect, the front and the inside. I really love how you did the lettering on the front, they just pop off the page!

And I can just imagine Riley going nuts with the tube. Dogs can be so funny. Yesterday, one of my guys, my German Shepherd, Thor, went a little bonkers. Now I have two dogs, Thor who is very calm and easy going and Jackson (1/2 Shepherd, 1/2 Husky). Jackson is usually the trouble maker and likes to talk back - LOL! Anyway, the mailman delivered a package yesterday and my husband went out to get it. When he came in the house, Thor jumped and grabbed the box out of my husband's hands. My husband grabbed it back, and Thor took it again, this went on for about 3 or 4 minutes. I could not stop laughing, he kept trying to run away with the box, and the end result was we had to tackle him because he kept putting holes in it with his teeth. We have never seen him do anything like that before. I don't know what he thought was in it, put he must have thought is was for him - LOL! Luckily, the items in the box were not damaged.
Enjoy your weekend.

Elaine Allen

Shawna said...

I am so tickled to have your emails coming to my inbox again --- and with a Riley story!!! Doesn't get any better than that, except maybe for that really cute card!!!!

Dixieglitzie said...

Hilarious!!! I may have to make one of these for my baby brother who has much more "age fright" than his 3 older sisters. lol Thanks for sharing with us Holly...both you card and your Riley story. :)

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL, another Holly funny :) Love it!

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL, another Holly funny :) Love it!

bumblebee creations said...

oh that Riley!!! What a fun pup! Love your card Holly!! Thanks for the prayers for Chris--my friends husband!

Marlene said...

I'm glad I didn't see this until today!!! LOL!!! I got the card in the mail yesterday, and I LOVE it! It's even better in person than it is here! Thank you so much!!