Tuesday, November 1, 2011

my featured stamper cards

Hi everyone and Happy November 1st!  Yikes, I need to get busy making Christmas cards!  As a matter of fact I did make one Christmas card for Sunday's featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.




The card I CASED can be seen HERE.  I used the elegant Holiday Bells image by Marla Shega.  The image doesn't require much coloring, but the little I did I did with copic markers.  I glittered the ribbon.  The background was done in polished stone technique where you apply alcohol inks to glossy cardstock and spritz it with alcohol and then tap all over with a felt pad.  I used some cranberry and red inks and some gold lumiere paint for my background.  Then all I did was add some gold ribbon!   In retrospect I should have glittered the ribbon in the image with gold so it would match better, but this is how it is.

Another card I CASED in the gallery is THIS ONE, and here's my card




I used Jane Beljo's Single Pumpkin and pretty much followed her sketch exactly. My circles are punched pieces of cardstock that I glued three together to make them more sturdy and then punched some holes for my eyelets. I wrapped some raffia around them.  Now that Halloween is over this will be a Fall or Thanksgiving card.

I hope you try to play along in Squigglefly's Tickle My Fancy challenge this week.  Even if you don't play, be sure to go take a look at what the design team did because they came up with some funny stuff!  I'll be having a special giveaway sometime this week, so keep coming by to see me!  Have a great day!

6 comments:

Niki said...

The Christmas card is very elegant, lovely work.

Anonymous said...

What a vivid beauty! Those bells on that deep red BG are gorgeous.

Cute pumpkin case too. I like how the texture from the cased pumpkin is represented in your DP.

Happy November Holly.

Terri / Brat

Marlene said...

They're both gorgeous cards, but I must admit I'm especially partial to #1!

Dixieglitzie said...

so very pretty :)

acreativeneed said...

They're both lovely, Holly!!
smiles,Deena

Dawn Frost said...

Wow Holly all of your cards are very elegant! The bells are just stunning!