Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Featured Stamper Candle

Hello everyone! Did you have a good Monday? We got a lot more rain on Monday and I watched the yard in front of my office grow into a lake! I was worried the road would be flooded and I wouldn't be able to get home, but by afternoon the rain slacked off and the water receded some. It sure did get cold after the rain! It makes me think of a white Christmas - wouldn't that be wonderful?

Did you get a chance to take a look at the cards done by the design team for Heather's "Based on a Song" challenge? They were so wonderful! It's such a fun challenge too! You should try to play along. This is the last challenge by Heather's Headliners for Squigglefly. Next week Marlene's Marvels will have their last challenge and then the design team gets a much needed break to spend getting ready for the holidays.

As you know I love playing in Splitcoast Stampers Featured Stamper challenge. This week there was a wonderful gallery and I found myself once again having trouble choosing just one. I finally did land upon THIS CARD, and I loved the fact that it was her very first digital card! Here's the card I made


I used an image by Lynne Stansbery called Christmas Candle and paired it with a sentiment from Stampin' Up! I added a bit of glitter to the candle flame. I think the black is what adds a lot to the look of this card. I'll have to remember that little tip!

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

8 comments:

Dixieglitzie said...

holly this is really pretty. i love your choice of colors for the background papers. the color choices have a very "bold" feel and the digi just "softens and warms" the entire card. once again i love your coloring and the extra little bling that you included. thanks for sharing and inspiring us holly.
Merry Christmas :)

Pam in Ar. said...

Great card Holly :)

Becky said...

This is pretty Holly, love the glitter flame.

Sharon Jones said...

Hey, Holly! I adore this card, and you are right...the black really makes it pop!! And the glitter is perfect on that flame!
Hugz2u,
Sharon

scrappin sista said...

very pretty!

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the touch of glitter on the flame.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really pretty CAS card. The black matting is a great touch, it makes it look so elegant.
Caroline xxx

Heather said...

Love your C&S card and I like the contrast of the papers too.