Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Glad Tidings

Okay, this will probably be my last post until after Christmas. I have been so busy with last minute preparations that I haven't made a single card to share with you! I do have this one last card that I made last week. It uses an image from Suzanne Urban that I just love called Glad Tidings and Good Beer. I can relate to Suzanne's sense of humor so well.


I used copics to color and chalk on the sky background.  The background on the card is fabric that I scanned - didn't it turn out cool?  I have my good friend Freida to thank for that tip!

I told you the other day that I showed one of my boss's kids how to quill paper snowflakes.  She really learned it quickly, and her mom has told me that she is constantly "playing with those paper strips"!  Anyway, showing her got me started making a few of my own and the last few days

 Some of these I'm sending to friends, but the largest one is going to my former boss as an ornament for their tree.

I will be back sometime after Christmas.  I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and are able to spend it with loved ones.  Thanks so much for visiting my little  blog!

14 comments:

Becky said...

Great card, funny image :). Love those snow flakes, they are gorgeous.

Sharon Jones said...

That card is so cute!! I love the way the scanned material turned out...I need to try that! And your quilling is the mostest! My poor hands won't let me do these...but they are so beautiful!
Hugz2u,
Sharon

Shawna said...

What a funny card! Love those quilled snowflakes; absolutely gorgeous. Have a wonderful Christmas Holly

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love the card, it is just too cute! And the quilled ornaments are beautiful, a lot of work! I just wanted to wish you and your family (Ms. Riley too) a very Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring love, happiness and good health to all of you.

Elaine Allen

Niki said...

Great card, love your sense of humor. The snowflakes are beautiful.

Merry Christmas!

Dixieglitzie said...

oh is this funny or what?..lol
holly this card would be perfect for my "redneck" brother. he was big into brewing his own beer just a few years back. ohhhhh how proud he was of his concoctions...still makes me giggle to think about it.

your snowflakes are OMCGoodness...(oh my crazy goodness...just made that up :) ) GORGEOUS...not exagerating holly...really beautiful.

just wondering if quilling is hard? it looks so intricate.

wishing you and your family a beautiful Christmas :)

scrappin sista said...

LOL!!! too cute!!!

Tammy said...

You already know I love, love your card today! Such a fun image! Your snowflakes are beautiful! Love your creativity!
Have a wonderful Christmas filled with much love and joy!

Reflections from Granny said...

Just adorable, she's a beauty lol. Your quilled snowflakes are stunning!

Merry Christmas, Lori m

Linda said...

Oh this is my favorite Christmas card. She is adorable.
Merry Christmas to you Holly. Love the snowflakes. I just got out the ones you sent me last year. They are too pretty to use.
Thanks you again,
and Have a wonderful holiday!
Hugs,
Linda

Pam in Ar. said...

Merry Christmas to you and your Family Holly :)

Heather said...

What a hoot Holly! That is the best image and sentiment!

Cheryl said...

What a fun card! I love the image and sentiment.


I have never tried quilling. Your snowflakes are lovely.

Beebeebabs said...

Toooo cute!!!