Thursday, December 1, 2011

Two Cards

Hi everyone! man time is flying by - here it is already December 1st! Today I have a couple of cards to share with you - the first one is a case of THIS darling card I found the other day. I just had to make it! I didn't have any of the flesh colored textured paper for Santa's face like she used, so I just used some chalk to color some white card stock. I'm going to make a trip to the store this weekend to look for some of that paper though and make a few more of these.



You can't tell in the photo, but I used some shimmer card stock for his beard and mustache. Next time I won't trim his stash so close to the sides!

This next card is one I wanted to make for no good reason other than I think Brian Lock's cat from his Halloween Bunch  would make a cute get well card for a friend I have who loves cats and is sick with a cold right now.


I colored with copic markers and swiped a little blue chalk around the image while it was still in the nestabilities die.

I hope you have a wonderful day today, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Santa is absolutely fabulous! Love the idea, my have to try it myself! And how clever of you to use a "halloween" image and use is for an all occasional card!

Colleen said...

Trying to get caught up on this end with my past emails. I hate getting behind and trying to play catch-up is nerve wrecking but........
can't help but not smile at your get well card. cute, cute, cute.
Your santa card is just as adorable.
ColleenB.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love the Santa card. It is so different, I think he turned out wonderfully. And your cat card is just darn cute. I love the face he has!

Elaine Allen

Linda W. said...

Both cards are darling - what fun with Santa. I will make some of these for the kiddos cards and cash!

Faith A said...

Wow what a great Santa, I don't think it matters you didn't have face colour paper, it looks fab as you have coloured it, lovely rosy cheeks :)

Love your mouse too, perfect for a poorly person.

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness, Holly--I LOVE that first card--will have to copy that one!