Thursday, December 15, 2011

Two More Christmas Cards

Hi everyone! Two more Christmas cards to share today. This first one is super fast and simple as there is no coloring involved. It's a brand new image from Jess Holland called Christmas Medley and will be available on Saturday at Squigglefly.


I colored the different phrases in colors before printing using Adobe Photoshop. The same thing could be done with the free GIMP program. If you want to see how to do this, you can view a video HERE. Then it was just a matter of adding a little designer paper and a pretty border!

My next card will tickle a cat lover on my Christmas list! This image is called This One Is Mine and is from Lynne Stansbery. The silly sentiment is one I printed out on my computer.



Yesterday afternoon my boss's son came in after school and told me he had learned how to make a pop up card! Then he showed me how. Today I am taking strips of cardstock and some glue to work to show them how to quill some snowflakes. I think they will find that fun to do.
Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Shawna said...

Cute subway art card! I really like that glittery striped card stock. So festive!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

sounds like THIS job turned out well. i'm glad.

stunning cards.

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

oh I love them both--I tried to change the colors when I used that sentiment--and couldn't get it to work---now I know go watch the video -thanks Holly!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,

Super cute cards! I love how the colored words look! I wonder how some sentiments and scriptures would go over already in colors at the Squigglefly store....

Lynn's kitty has the same attitude as my cat too.

I don't have many cards made! Ackkk! Gotta work!

Terri / Brat

Sharon Jones said...

Quilling? My, Holly, you are so talented! And both these cards are great!! Love the colors {and that kitty's sentiment!}.

Dixieglitzie said...

Holly you are so clever...and I LOVE when you share "how to" links with us. Holly be sure and check your email okay? Thanks for EVERYTHING!!! Sending Much Love and Merry Christmas Wishes Your Way, DixieG:)

Tammy said...

Awesome cards, love both of the sentiments! I'll wager that your boss' children love going to work!

Heather said...

Nice cards- I like that striped DP too. Very cool that you are going to teach the boss's son how to quill snowflakes.

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL sounds to me like you're having waaaay too much fun at this new job :) I am so glad that it appears you have found a job that fits you. It sure makes for a better day doesn't it! Love the background paper you chose for the cards. Great job....as usual! Have a great Friday :)

MANDEE said...

THese are great, hope you have a Merry Christmas Holly!!!