Monday, December 5, 2011

Up On the Housetop

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine went by way too fast. Sorry I didn't post anything over the weekend, but my craft room was out of control and I found I couldn't make a thing until I cleaned it up a bit! I spent Saturday cleaning my room up so I'd have room to make new stuff, did my grocery shopping, and visited with a couple of friends. The weather was absolutely gorgeous on Saturday.

Sunday, we woke up to a lovely rain. It rained all day long in just a steady fall - not a roaring downpour. I love those kind of days! I spent the morning making a few cards and addressing some of the Christmas cards I have and I spent the afternoon cooking and preparing meals for the week. Since some of you ask for my menu for the week I'll just post it here

Chili (made with some deer meat my boss gave me) and cornbread. I also bought a bag of fritos in case Brock decides he wants a frito chili pie!
Meatloaf with roasted potatoes and carrots
Chicken with artichokes in wine sauce (sounds fancy, but it's easy!)
Chicken corn chowder with ciabatta bread
That's all I have to cook because my boss is taking his employees and their families out to eat on Thursday night, and we are going to eat out on Friday night at a chinese restaurant!

Today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly blog, and this week Heather has come up with a fun challenge for us! It's to make your card based on a song - isn't that fun? I'll show you my card and see if you can guess the song.





This cute image is from Diane Carubia and is called Stuck Santa. Looks like Santa has had too many cookies and too much milk and he can't fit down the chimney! the reindeer are trying to helpful and are pushing against him to help him out. I colored with Copic markers and added some glitter topped with faux flower soft to his hat trim and the snow on the chimney.  The paper is some I downloaded and then I spattered some white gesso on it to make it look like a starry night sky.

The sentiment is by Jess Holland and is at Squigglefly HERE.  I added a button to the center and some punched snowflakes.  I realize now that the title of my post probably gave the song away - It's Up On The Housetop!  Those reindeer hooves can be heard trying to get Santa unstuck!

The fake snow was enjoyed by my boss's kids at work on Friday.  They mixed up a big bowl full and oohed and aahed and then ran off to play with it!  That link I had to the fake snow the other day was just so you could see how it looked.  Please don't order it from that site!  They were wanting way too much money for it!  I bought mine at the grocery store in their Christmas section for a couple of dollars.

Well, I'll be back tomorrow to show you the card I made for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  I hope you have a wonderful Monday, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Becky said...

What a great card Holly. Santa looks like he could lose a few pounds :)

Shawna said...

Fabulous card Holly. Perfect coloring, as always, and the image is way too cute. The addition of that little button is perfect.

Pam in Ar. said...

I LOVE the faux flower soft that you use..I thought you were making it yourself?? Glad you enjoyed our rain yesterday...I had to get out in it so it wasn't very enjoyable for me..and I'm COLD TOO!!! LOL I have slush on my car today and it's still raining! Temp. is 38 :/ Have a great day Holly

P.S. Thanks for the menu...Guilty as charged ;)

bumblebee creations said...

I love that image---going to have to look for it, as I have not seen that one before!

Sharon Jones said...

Tee-hee, Holly, this image just tickles me so! There are some of us that can relate to him; being stuck when we FINALLY button our jeans! :D I love this card - and the fuzzy on his hat, too, all of it!

Anonymous said...

Holly, this is so cute!

Thank you for helping me with the clear BG on the Santa Hat! It turns out I could not do that on my own!

My week-end went by fast too. This week is so booked up with extra school events I am starting to stress!

Again, super cute card!

Terri / Brat

Dixieglitzie said...

holly this is adorable. kinda reminds me of winnie the pooh when he got stuck and had to "go on a diet" til he became "unstuck". love your coloring on this on...as usual:) once again, thanks for sharing with all of us.

Merry Christmas Holly.

Heather said...

Great card- I love the snowflakes and flocked Santa hat.

Tammy said...

Sweet card and funny image! Love it and it's perfect for the song!

marilynprestonn said...

I just love your image Holly. The coloring is awesome and the song title is fun. hugsxo

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Fun Holiday card Holly!! Gorgeous coloring!!!!
hugs,
Chris