Thursday, December 8, 2011

Vintage Christmas

Good morning! Yesterday I awoke to a wonderful sight - snow! It was just gorgeous!





Luckily it didn't stick to the streets so getting to work wasn't a problem. It didn't stay around long either. It was all melted away when I drove home from work. It was really pretty while it was here though! I think the official total was 2 inches for us.

I have a couple more cards to share that use the Kris Kringle by Marla Shega at Squigglefly. This image just begs for a vintage type of card. I printed it out in brown on kraft card stock and sponged the edges with some rust colored ink.   The sentiment is one from Stampin' Up!



These are super quick cards to make since there is no coloring involved. I need to make a few more. I got my Christmas cards addressed last night and had several names that didn't have cards!

I hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh wow Holly, lucky you getting snow! I'll bet Riley loved it too. Awesome card, the image is beautiful.

Shawna said...

I adore this image; it makes wonderful quick and easy cards!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love your pictures. We got snow last night but it didn't stick around long enough to take any photos. I LOVE your cards!

Elaine Allen

Sharon Jones said...

Holly, that snow is beautiful! We very RARELY get snow down here in SW Louisiana, but when we do...everyone goes NUTS! Haha...
Your card is so gorgeous, love the vintage Santa and that snowflake dp!
Hugz2u,
Sharon

bumblebee creations said...

Love your cards Holly! You have more snow than us!

Pam in Ar. said...

WOW Holly! What a beautiful sight to wake up to...we didn't get anything, but that's ok by me :)
Love the simplicity of these cards...thanks for the idea!

Linda said...

I love that Santa and I have him. Great card. It is so funny you have snow and up here in Wisconsin we done. I am very happy we don't because I know it will come.
Love the card.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful card.

I see you got your wish for snow! I can just wait for snow here. Too many hills and not enough equipment to handle it because it rarely snows here. Christmas Eve would be nice though...

Terri / Brat

Faith A said...

Oh! Holly, these are beautiful cards and I agree about the black surround what a difference I shall have to try that too. LOL

Maria Matter said...

lovely cards Holly!

waaah, I want snow too! beautiful photos!
hugs & blessings

Heather said...

You've had more snow than us!

Love your cards- very simple and elegant.

Marlene said...

Yeah, it's gorgeous cuz you see it so rarely! LOL! Thankfully, after our "SURPRISE" knock out just before Halloween, we haven't seen any more of the "glorious" white crap.

Your card is gorgeous. I absolutely LOVE this image.

Becky said...

Gorgeous pictures Holly, this is the only way I like snow "in picture form" ;).
Great card.