Monday, January 23, 2012

Featuring Orchids

Hi everyone. Did you have a nice weekend? We had a great one! Lots of time in the woods letting Riley hunt for mice and squirrel. She did really well in the mouse department! It's so fun to watch her and she never tires of it.

I love the new images that were released at Squigglefly this weekend! So much wonderful new art to help us create our masterpieces! I had a lot of time to play in my craft room yesterday and have enough cards made to share with you throughout the week. Today's card is one I made for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The card I CASED can be seen HERE.

I used the beautiful Orchids from Deena Perreault




I used Copic markers to color and went with sepia tones.  The edges of the image panel were sponged with Creamy Caramel ink.  It's a pretty simple card, but the image is so lovely it doesn't need much.

Speaking of challenges, today Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals are back at the Squigglefly blog with a recipe challenge!  Go see the wonderful samples they've created with the new images - you're sure to be inspired to create something yourself!

9 comments:

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Your card is so gorgeous!

Have a great week!

Shawna said...

This is beautiful! I love the sepia tones on those orchids and that little touch of lace is so nice. Hugs to our Riley.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! this is beeeeeeee utiful! very vintage. you do vintage very well.

hugs :)

Kim said...

Beautiful card!

Becky said...

Gorgeous card this morning Holly. Gorgeous coloring of that flower.

bumblebee creations said...

this is just gorgeous Holly!!

acreativeneed said...

Beautifully done Holly!! I love these colors! It's a thrill to see my image used too!! :)
hugs,Deena

Linda W. said...

Oh my goodness Holly - your orchid is bresthtaking! I absolutely love it! Beautiful tender job of coloring.

Tammy said...

Simply beautiful Holly! Love the vintage feel and your coloring is perfect!