Monday, January 9, 2012

Girlfriends

Good morning and happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. Did you get by to see the new release at Squigglefly? Well, today is the day the Squigglefly Blog challenges start back up and first up is Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals. LOL! don't you love their team name? You can find links to their blogs on my side bar - be sure to go by and pay them a visit so you can see what they've done with the new images.

The challenge that Rhonda came up with is to make a thank you card. That's a great one for right after the holidays because I'm sure we all have someone to thank for something! I however went a different route and decided to thank my friend for always being there for me.

This new image from Lynne Stansbery called Just Two Crazy Old Gal Friends was perfect for that!


The image comes with this sentiment which I think is wonderful! I colored this with Copic markers and used some digital papers that I got from Summer Driggs. I loved the bright colors, and then I ran across this multi colored bumpy yarn and I thought it matched so I used it on the card too. Now I'm thinking it might be a bit much - what do you think?

Anyway, to make it into the thank you card it's meant to be I added this text to the inside of the card.



I think she'll get a kick out of it, and then we'll argue over which one of us is the lady on the left! LOL! I hope you have time to play along in the challenge! thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Great card Holly. This image reminds me of me & my girlfriend, who is a comedian. :)

Shawna said...

It's not too much! Those two gals look like they are up for anything so it fits perfectly. A bit on the "rascally" side! Cute card!

MANDEE said...

This is so cute!!!

bumblebee creations said...

oh Holly--what an excellent card--love it!!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lol, always good to have a friend to be with you through thick and thin. Too cute!

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh Holly, this is such a wonderful image and your friend will cherish the card - and have a giggle too! The old gals are sweet! And, wow, your coloring is amazing - awesome card!!

Sheree said...

Oh my... This is AWESOME! You've done a fabulous job!

Hugs,
Sheree

Tammy said...

Fabulous Holly! I think this image might just be my favorite!

Linda W. said...

I simply adore this card - great job Holly!