Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Followed A Recipe

Happy hump day!  I am sharing the card I made for the Squigglefly challenge which is a card recipe!
Rhonda stirred up this recipe which is to use a brad, a ribbon, and some glitter.   I hope you will play along too!
I used the new Swirly Birthday Balloons by Betsy LePlatt and came up with this




My glitter is in the center of the flowers, and I sort of cheated on the brads and used rain dots instead.  I think they are close enough to brads to pass don't you?  The sentiment is from the Jane's Bakery set.  I thought the font went well with this image.

It started raining last night and they are saying it will rain for the next couple of days.  It would be great days to spend at my craft desk, but alas that is not to be!  Riley will be going stir crazy with all of this rain keeping her indoors!  Hope you have a great day!

13 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

I love it Holly! of course rain dots will do as brads! Great image!

Becky said...

Fabulous card this morning Holly. Love the rain drop brads.

Shawna said...

Oh that's a cute image and I love the card you made with it. Fabulous colors, too!

Linda W. said...

Beautiful job on the swirly balloon card Holly! I always love your work! :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well it certainly looks like i need to do a little shopping at SF! all the new images are just fabulous!

so? how r u? i do miss u. but now that i've stopped drawing, i'm back in the loop so to speak and i'm having a ball! it's sooooooo good to be back.

hugs :)

Renee said...

I love this! rain drops are an awesome brad!! I love the swirly sentiment it does go really well with the card. hugz n blessings.

Pat said...

Cute card! Love those swirl balloons, too!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
I love this image, and I love how it looks multi-colored. (In fact, I like it much better than the monochromatic card I made). I am using this image for a birthday card today - and will follow your lead - lots of pretty colors.

scrappin sista said...

cute, cute, cute!! Great birthday card!

Sharon Jones said...

Holly, this card is so pretty - I love everything about it!

Tammy said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the image and fun paper.

Heather said...

Great challenge card. I love the translucence of the Raindots.

Sharon said...

Hi Holly, thanks for paying me a visit the other day. I think this card is absolutely delightful. hugs from South Africa, Sharon x