Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Impatient To Get To The Teaparty!

Hi everyone! Yesterday I played along in the Teaparty at Splitcoast Stampers. This week our cards are going to a seventeen year old girl. There was a meningitis scare at her school and all the students were asked to get tested if they were showing any symptoms. Amy was experiencing some symptoms so went to be tested. She tested negative on the meningitis, but they did discover that she has leukemia. So she has been in the hospital since before Christmas undergoing chemo. Everyone was asked to send her funny cards. This is the card I made for Amy.


I used the Inside Out Puppy Eyes image from Lynne Stansbery. This set does come with a sentiment for the front and inside, but I chose to use the Impatience sentiment also from Squigglefly because it seems a perfect fit for it.

I used Copic markers to color, and the papers are from K & Company's Carolyn Gavin pack.  I just folded it over at an angle to show both sides.  I hope this makes Amy smile.  The cards the Teapotters made are so funny!  If you get a chance you should go take a look at the gallery HERE.

A couple of days ago Heather, Squigglefly's Facebook coordinator asked Facebook fans to name their favorites of the new images.  Just answering the question put you in a drawing to win one of the new images!  Two people took the time to answer and they both won!  Congratulations to Amanda George Teal and Alice Grower!

Please take the time to come see us on Facebook from time to time because you never know what you could end up winning!  Remember to like us while you're there because as soon as we get 250 fans there will be an exclusive freebie given!

Also, just a reminder to play in the blog challenge!  I still haven't finished my card.  I have it colored, but I haven't yet made it into a card.  I hope to finish that up this evening.

9 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-this card is awesome--this image is just so cute!! Love it! Thanks for all the help with Chrome yesterday--I ended up deleting it and trying it again--and it worked perfectly that time and I was able to import all my bookmarks too! Thanks! I have no problem now commenting on blogs! Hurray!

Becky said...

OOOOO..This is so cute!

acreativeneed said...

Oh look at those eyes! So cute, sweet card, Holly!
smiles,Deena

Sharon Jones said...

Holly, this is just so darn cute! I love your layout & everything.

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This card can't help but put a smile on Amy's face. It is just so darn precious! Utterly adorable! I will keep Amy in my prayers.

Elaine Allen

Sheree said...

I LOVE that image!! Just the look in his eyes says it all!
Such a lovely card Holly!
Hugs,
Sheree

Tammy said...

Wow, what news for someone so young! God bless her! Wonderful card, love the bug-eyed image and the sentiment is perfect!

Linda W. said...

Those puppy eyes will cheer Amy's day. How sweet of you Holly!

Cazzy said...

Awwww, such a cute puppy image, I love it!


Cazzy x