Friday, January 27, 2012

Love Birds

Happy Friday!  Not only is it the last work day of the week, but it means that tomorrow is a whole new slew of artwork for us to get our hands on at Squigglefly!  I can tell you that you are going to LOVE what's coming this weekend!

Okay, well they aren't love birds, they're blue birds, but they're IN love so it counts! These two little birds come from the talented pencil of Deena Perreault and she says they are Whimsy Love Birds!


I used copic markers to color and chalk for the sky.  After the sky was chalked and I was erasing the chalk off of the birds I decided to make a little heart shaped cloud in the sky.  If you look closely you might be able to see it.  It's more noticeable in real life.  For some reason when I chalk a sky it doesn't show up well in the photos.  The sentiment is computer generated.

If you haven't checked out the entries in Squigglefly's blog challenge you should go take a look!  So many wonderful cards have been entered!

Well it rained, but now it's stopped and the temperatures don't look like they're going to drop anywhere near snow weather so I think I can give up on that thought.  We even have jonquils in bloom in our yard so I know that we are going to have an early spring.  Winter is so fleeting in this part of the world!

I hope you have a fantastic end to your week, and thanks so much for looking!

10 comments:

Shawna said...

Love your lovely in love blue birds! I can see that little heart cloud you added----tweet! Love the cool blue and white palette you used and your DP looks like snow. What's not to love about your tweet card?

Linda said...

Ahh very tweet! Love the colors you used.

Tammy said...

I can see the heart shaped cloud, very clever! Love your card especially the color!

Linda W. said...

Pure preciousness Holly - that heart is just in the most perfect spot! Wow!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i think i would fall off my chair if i ever saw you actually make a SERIOUS card!!!!! love these colors and that sentiment made me chuckle.

retire!!!! it's way more fun!

hugs :)

Sharon Jones said...

Your heart-shaped cloud shows up well behind those tweet birds!! Your cards always rock!

Reflections from Granny said...

You always come up with the cutest sayings for your cards. Cute stamp and pretty aqua shades.

Hugs, Lori m

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Awwww! Those little birds are the tweetest things ever. LOVE the colours & the softness of it all!

acreativeneed said...

Aww! Love your little heart shaped cloud! Very sweet card Holly!
hugs,Deena

Dawn B. said...

This is such a sweet card. I just love those little blue birds. We haven't gotten even a snowflake this year. I miss it too.