Monday, January 30, 2012

Never Forget

Hi everyone! Did your weekend go by as quickly as mine? It was a great weekend, but man it flew! I played along with the Clean and Simple challenge on the Outlawz yesterday with this card.




The hand is one of three in a new set at Squigglefly by Lynne Stansbery called Making A Point.

I colored the image with Copic markers and then cut it out and tied a piece of twine around the finger. I had colored the plain white cotton crochet thread with a copic marker and didn't let it dry completely before I tied it and the blue ink bled into the finger. I had to scrub it away with the colorless blender and re-color the finger. Let that be a lesson to me for my impatience! Later I went back and used the colorless blender again to make little moons in the fingernails. It looks more pronounced in the photo than it does in real life. Do you think I should go back and color in the moons, or do you like them?



The sentiment was computer generated and the inside says "for someone as sweet as you! Happy Birthday!" I think the same hand would be great for congratulating someone with a "You're Number One!" sentiment too!

Today is a brand new challenge at Squigglefly's blog!  Holley's team, the Hobbyist's are up to bat with a Seeing Red challenge!  I hope you'll try to play along too, but by all means make time to go see what the designers have done!

16 comments:

Elaine A said...

Love this Holly. How clever to add the string, very different. And I like the moons.

Elaine Allen

Linda said...

Great coloring. I love the way you did the yarn.

Shawna said...

Love the addition of that piece of yarn ---- and not letting the ink dry was the cause of my problem with Knit Happens.
I vote for no moons.

Becky said...

wow Holly! This is awesome.. Your coloring is fabulous.

Niki said...

Wow, I am totally impressed with your coloring. It's amazing. I like the fingernail moons. Great detail.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

lynn is such a fabulous artist and your coloring is to die-for. this hand looks sooooooooooooo real!! wow!

hugs :)

*Vicki* said...

Hello my sweet friend! :) I've really missed you!! So glad I decided to come back and realize just how theraputic this all really is for me!

Your card is awesome! Love that image and your coloring hun! I think I need this card for my son...he always forgets something! LOL!! Look forward to catching up with you! HUGS! :)

Renee said...

This is fantastic! I love the string around the finger :D and your coloring is phenomenal!!

Faith A said...

WOW great colouring, great idea too

Linda W. said...

Great coloring; great idea - I love the moons! Now you've presented me with yet another "I Must Have" image! LOL!

bumblebee creations said...

love it Holly!! what a neat idea to add the twine around the finger!

scrappin sista said...

too cute!!!

Tammy said...

Wonderful card and the reminder string is very clever. I like the moons!

Reflections from Granny said...

This is a WOW card, so lifelike, and such a perfect card to let anyone know how much they mean to you.

Hugs, Lori m

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card - great coloring thanks for sharing!!!

mochamama said...

That is soooo awesome, the details in your coloring make this hand so real looking!
Hugs