Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pure Fun

Good morning all! It's still raining, and they are calling for the temperature to drop tomorrow night so we may end up with some snow! I do not want ice or icy roads, but some snow would be nice.

Before I get to today's card I wanted to tell you about a new tutorial that's been added to Squigglefly's tutorial section. What? You didn't know about the tutorials on Squigglefly? Well, HERE is where they are. They are a great resource for people who use digital images, and our very own Charlene has just finished a great one on using Serif Page Plus! It's wonderfully done and is downloadable in PDF format. You can see her tutorial HERE.

Now today's card wasn't done for any challenges or anything. It was just done for pure fun!




I love this image called A Bit Too Big by Monica Estill! I think Monica has a great imagination! I mean who thinks to draw an elephant bathing in a tea cup or ladybugs riding a bicycle built for two?

Anyway, I used Copic markers to color this and used stickles on the soap suds.  The stitching on the left of the card is rub ons.  He may be a bit too big for the teacup, but he's still managing to enjoy his bath!  And the shower cap kills me - I mean what in the world is he protecting?  LOL!  It just tickles me and I hope it tickles the person I send this to!

There's still time to play in Squigglefly's challenge - go follow the recipe!
Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

now this is adorable HOlly! I love this image!! You are right--what a cute haircap he has!

Tammy said...

I love, love this image. I purchased it this weekend because it was so irresistible! You've created a wonderful card with your fab coloring!

Shawna said...

You titled this post just right. FUN! Such a cute image and you did him proud. Love the Stickles soap!

THERESA said...

Oh my, just so, so cute, teacup and all........:)) Remember, he's got a bit of fluff to protect, lol, so funny, love it!!
lotsa luv

Sharri said...

Holly, This is a fun card! I love that image and especially how you colored it! It sure looks like he is having fun with the sparkling soap :)

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This is just so adorable! What an utterly funny image and such a great coloring job by you. The Stickles were the perfect accent. Just AWESOME!

Elaine Allen

Beebeebabs said...

Love your card - you did a nice job and love the image tfs!!!

Sharon Jones said...

This fun image made me giggle!! Such a cute card, and I love your bubbles! Hugz2u,
Sharon

Charlene Mitchell said...

I just bought this one too Holly - fantastic job you did with it. The stickles are perfect and I love the bright coloured teacup. Love it that you did it just for fun! Thanks too, for mentioning my tutorial!

Heather said...

What a hoot, Holly. That's what I look like in my bathtub! Love how the zigzag balances the scallop.

Chris (catt871) said...

Oh Holly! It has been way to long since I popped in!!!! It made me smile when I saw you visited my blog! THANKS so much!!!

Ok, this card is hilarious! That image is toooooo cute!!! AND I love the colours you chose - very pretty!!!!

Hope all is well with you!
Hugs,
Chris

Linda said...

OH my goodness this is zoo hilarious. I love that big old elephant. what a clever image.

acreativeneed said...

This is adorable Holly!! He is so hilarious! Great coloring too.
hugs,Deena