Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sour Pusses

Hi everyone. Did you get to see the fabulously huge release of images at Squigglefly yesterday? There are a ton of fun ones and it was hard to choose what to color first! I ended up going with this Pickles image by Lynne Stansbery because I loved the humor and I needed a birthday card for my sister.  I love how this turned out!




The image and the sentiment were printed at the same time. I used Copic markers to color it with and then added crystal effects to the jar to give it a glassy look. For the inside of the card, I printed the jar of pickles again and cut one pickle out, colored it, and popped it up on the card.


I also added dots of crystal lacquer to it so it would look like the pickle had just come out of the jar. I think my sister will get a kick out of it.


If you went to see the new images, then you probably saw The Old Sot; another one drawn by Lynne Stansbery. This lady is wonderful! The look on her face is just priceless (she looks like she just ate one of those really sour pickles!), and did you see all of the sentiments that come with it?!    I know I'll be using her again just to use the other sentiments!




She is colored with copic markers and I used some new paper from a Poppy Seeds pad.  Here's the inside




I hope you enjoyed the cards!  I'm off to check out the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast!  I hope your day is a wonderful one!

6 comments:

Shawna said...

Fabulous cards! I may have to go back and buy that pickle image ---- love the use of the Glossy Accents to make that jar look real. The sentiment is hysterical. Love Old Sot and you did a fabulous job coloring her.

Linda W. said...

I finally got a moment to catch up on your blog dear - you know how much I love your ideas! Well this new release of digis is absolutely the top of the line - I do love the dill pickles and the old sot big time! Your production of the dill pickles is really 'sour' looking! Good job Holly!

bumblebee creations said...

Great card!!! Loving these two!! So funny! Your sentiments are awesome--and so is your coloring!!

Heather said...

Love both cards and love how you colored the pickles especially!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy moly holly! your coloring is absolutely gorgeous! these cards literally come to life!

and of course, the giggles are fabulous too!

hope all is well.

hugs :)

scrappin sista said...

LOL!! too cute!!