Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaparty In A Bed Of Flowers

Hi everyone!  I hope your week is off to a great start!  Did you get to see the Squigglefly blog challenge that started yesterday?  I think the Rascals did a really good job with their cards for the recipe challenge.  They've got me itching to make more cards!

Today is Tuesday and that means there is a Teaparty to go to!  This week we are all asked to bring cards with lots of flowers and I thought the new Bed Of Flowers image by Fawn Palmer had enough flowers to please anyone!  








This was a fun image to color.  It comes with three different sentiments and I chose the one about friends because our cards are going to a terminally ill friend of a fellow teapartier, and I know that she will feel her friend's love when she receives all of our cards.

I used chalk on the sky and added some stickles to the butterflies.  The yellow layer is embossed with a Spellbinders Impressabilites.  Speaking of Spellbinders, I found out that I was one of the lucky winners in their recent blog frenzy!  They had eight days of blog hops showing all the new things they are coming out with at the winter CHA show and you send in e mails to enter their give away.  I was so excited when I found out that I won on the last day!  I'm really excited about their new M-bossability embossing folders and I've won two of those!  I have to wait until mid March to get the prize, but it's so worth the wait!

Wishing you a great day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

What an awesome card! I know the recipient will love it, and I am praying for her. Congratulations on winning some of Spellbinder's new goodies, lucky girl!

Elaine Allen

Sharon Jones said...

You did a fabulous job on this card, Holly! And I am so happy for you winning those mbossabilities! Congrats to you, my friend!

Becky said...

Awesome coloring Holly, great image. Congratulations on your winning.

scrappin sista said...

too cute!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh do i LOVE it! you are genius!

it's great to be playing again too!

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

too cute HOlly! LOve your coloring as usual--it is perfect!!

Tammy said...

Fabulous creation with this wonderful image. Love the red shoes and you already know I'm pleased that you won!

Dixieglitzie said...

Holly this card is AMAZING! It really did make me giggle. I'm so sorry that I've been so quite lately...new hip is great...old hip...not so much. That will change by the end of April:)

Crystal R said...

Wow that must have taken a lot of time to colour. "I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum"

Heather said...

What a fun image! Really cute card, Holly.