Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Valentines!

Hi everyone! It's finally hump day so after today it should be smooth sailing through the rest of the week huh? I have to tell you something really sad. Yesterday the groomer came to groom Riley and my husband thought she would feel so much better without all of that hair on her face! He said it would bug him to death to have that hair in his eyes and getting in his mouth while he tried to eat! Anyway I came home from work to find Riley's head, ears, and snout shaved down! She doesn't even look like herself, and I know she's feeling pretty darn naked and embarrassed! I told him to never do that to her again - we can have it short but not shaved! She's a dog and has had the feeling of that hair on her face her whole life! They don't feel normal without it! I would show you a picture of her, but she's too embarrassed to let me take it!

I thought I'd share a couple more silly valentines using the My Punny Valentines that Squigglefly released this week. I just love them!

This first card uses the mittens and a matching sentiment that are in My Punny Valentine Set Two.     I apologize for the lousy photo!


I used Copics to color and a new die that I got for Christmas.  I went non-traditional blue, but still threw a little red in there on the flowers!

Next up is from My Punny Valentine Set One



The image was colored with Copic markers and I did a little piercing in the lower corners.
These sets are so much fun to play with. It's fun mixing and matching sentiments!

Don't forget to make a thank you card for the challenge on our blog! You could win a free image and choose one of these fun sets as your prize! See ya tomorrow with more valentines!

8 comments:

Becky said...

These are cute, love the pun on that second one.

Shawna said...

Poor Riley!!! Burger wants you to give her a great big hug from him and let her know that in his eyes she is still beautiful and her hair will grow out. And I am pretty sure under his breath he said "someday". Love those cards. Those little mittens are adorable and it's a great take on a different valentine with all the lovely cool blue.

Shawna said...

Poor Riley!!!!! Burger wants you to give her a big hug from him and tell her that she is still beautiful and the hair will grow back. I swear I heard him say under his breath "someday". He's such a brat. Love your cards! Those mittens are too sweet and I love all that untraditional cool blue for a Valentine.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what? after all that NO pictures of riley????? sheesh!

fabulous cards! the sentiments on both of them are PERFECT!

hugs :)

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love the cards. Really liking the punny ones - LOL! Poor Ms. Riley, I feel so bad for her. Men, sometimes you wonder what goes on inside their heads!

Elaine Allen

Kathy Bradley said...

How adorable - I love both cards!

Tammy said...

Oh poor Riley, love her little puppy heart, but the good news is that it will grow back quickly.
Super cards Holly and I'm love My Punny Valentine sets.

scrappin sista said...

super cute card!!