Friday, January 20, 2012

What Gets You Quacking?

Hi everyone! I just haven't had a lot of time to craft this week and it's driving me nuts because there are so many fun images at Squigglefly that I want to color! And to top that off there are even more images coming tomorrow! Aargh! What's a girl to do?  Well, this girl is going to show you THREE CARDS today since they are still new in the store.

First up is this card I made a couple of days ago with the oh so cute Coffee Duck by Monica Estill.


I used Copic markers to color and then lightly flocked the duck. I thought the sparseness of the flocking made him look disheveled and sleepy which is what I was going for - I mean why else would the duck need coffee? The word "coffee" is part of the image, but I added the sentiment myself.  Now that I have uploaded the photo I see that I neglected to draw in the apostrophe.  The font I used didn't have punctuation marks, and I meant to draw that in before I took the picture.

Monica has such an imagination! I love the things she dreams up to draw! One of my favorites (and one I was going to use for this week's Button Challenge if I ever get time to finish it!) is Tandem Ladybugs.   But not to worry because Pat Martin had the same idea as me and she beat me to it, so go take a look at the darling card she made with the ladybugs HERE.   If that doesn't make  you want to run out and buy the image I don't know what will!

Next up is a valentine using another of Lynne Stansbery's Punny Valentine's set.





This one is from Set Six which comes with 11 images and sentiments!  What a value this is because you can use these images for more than Valentine's Day!

Ready for another one?  This one comes from My Punny Valentine Set Four, another great value with 9 images and sentiments.  




Well hopefully I'll get lots of cards made this weekend with the new images!  Enjoy your Friday, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Great cards this morning Holly, love the duck :)

Tammy said...

Super fantastic cards Holly! Love the duck!

Shawna said...

Squigglefly gets me quacking!! Love your cards. I haven't had time to play either and Coffee Duck is in my Squigglefly folder waiting to be printed out. He is SO cute!

Sharon Jones said...

That duck is adorable, Holly! Love the layout, digi, and colors in the second one, too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are fabulous, holly. and all the new images at SF are fantastic!

you KNOW my door is always open and you can come play in the snow anytime!

have a fabulous weekend.

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

Awesome cards Holly!!! Can't wait to see all the new images tomorrow!

acreativeneed said...

Great cards Holly! Fun new images!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Adorable cards - all! Your coloring is always awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.