Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Whoopie for Birthdays!

Hi everyone! I hope your week has gotten off to a great start. I caught up on a lot of little things yesterday and now feel ready to tackle some bigger projects! One of those projects is to get started on birthday cards for next month! I am always needing birthday cards and my stash is GONE!

I have started my new birthday card stash with this card.



This fun flapper comes to us from Lynne Stansbery. She is called Whoop Poop De Doop and comes with this most fitting sentiment! I have computer generated a sentiment for the inside making it a birthday card. It says "It's your birthday, go make history!"

I colored the image with Copic markers and used some eyelash yarn to wrap around the designer paper. The yarn reminded me of her boa so I thought it went well with it.

Then Sunday's featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers led me to THIS card so I got another birthday card added to my stash with this




I used the Blackeyed Susan Spring Ring  image which is another one from Lynne Stansbery.  It was just perfect to CASE this card with, wasn't it?  I used Copic markers to color and then cut the bow so it would stick outside of the die when I cut it.  I added brown puff paint to the center of the flowers and puffed it up.  One of the flowers may have gotten a little too much of the puff paint!  LOL!  The sentiment is one from Jess Holland called Birthday Wishes.     The green and yellow certainly make for a spring like card doesn't it?

Well, have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Love them! That Go Make History card is delightful. The sentiment is perfect and your coloring is awesome. The addition of the eyelash yarn was the perfect touch.
Love your balck eyed Susan card; it's one of my favorite images!

Niki said...

Great how the bow extends beyond the die cut, adds just the right touch.

Thanks for sharing with us, I look forward to seeing your cards every day.

bumblebee creations said...

I love both of these card Holly!! I guess I better get busy creationg some of my own!

Tammy said...

Fantastic cards Holly but I love, love Whoopi!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Both cards are wonderful. I love the Roaring 20's gal - she is awesome. Ilove hats - and the Flappers always wore some sort of hat - and they did through the 30's, 40's, 50's - I was just born in the wrong time! And, the bottom is is lovely and elegant.

Sheree said...

Both cards are fabulous Holly! I love the sentiment of the flapper card and the bright green of the second is so cheery!
Well done!
Hugs,
Sheree

Jaspere said...

I love them both. I should take your advice and get a stash going too. Off to see what the rest of the Squigglefly team has been up to. It's been way too long.