Sunday, February 5, 2012

Andy Warhol's Dog

Hi everyone!  Hope your weekend is going well.  Mine has been fun.  My oldest daughter and her husband  came to town yesterday, and my younger daughter and her husband came over to visit while they were here.  It was nice having the whole family together for a day.

Today will be spent in the kitchen getting my weekly meal preparation done and then we are taking Riley out to the woods for some fun.  Not much crafting time weekend, but it is worth it!

I did need a birthday card for a friend and her birthday is coming up on me fast so it needed to be a quick card! She is a real dog lover, and when I saw the grinning dogs that were released at Squigglefly yesterday I knew just what I wanted to do!



I printed the Grinning Retreiver  in different colors aka Andy Warhol style and layered a piece of vellum on top and then stamped the word "smile" ( a Stampin' Up! stamp) on top.  Inside it says "Yeah, you may be older but grin and bear it!  Happy Birthday!"   I love the grinning dogs!  There are a pug and a pomeranian to go along with this retreiver.

If you don't know  how to change a digital image from black to another color, you can see how easy it is by watching THIS VIDEO.

Thanks for stopping by ya'll, and have a great Sunday!

16 comments:

Linda said...

This is a great card Holly! Andy would be proud of you. Very clever and quick once you came up with the idea.
So nice to read about your fun family weekend.
Love this card!

Shawna said...

I love these new images, too. So fun! I love how you used the different colors and the inside sentiment is pure Holly. Have fun with Riley. Burger is jealous!

Sharon Jones said...

Holly, this is fantastic! Love the colors and thanks for the tutorial! I need to upload this for sure. Love your stories...keep 'em coming! Hugz2u,
Sharon

scrappin sista said...

great technique!!! great card!!!

Elaine A said...

How nice that you were able to spend time with the girls Holly. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I love this card, it just makes me (wait for it) SMILE!!

Hugs,

Elaine Allen

MANDEE said...

I LOVE Andy Warhol! This is AWESOME!!!!

Tammy said...

This card definitely makes me smile! Gotta love a golden!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Giggle giggle. Love that grinning Retriever! Great idea to change the colours up. :-D

*Vicki* said...

Oh how fun Holly!! What a clever idea!! :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

o gosh! his teeth look better than mine. wait! did he find my dentures??????? haahhaahhhaaa

super cute - as always, holly!

i was hoping to break 40 in the first game but that didn't happen. anyway, i really don't hurt at all. i am, however, tired, but that's ok. and to think i have a really busy week ahead of me too - oy yoy yoy.

hope your week goes super!

hugs :)

Faith A said...

Such a fun card love it

Lori m said...

Holly, Adorable, that smile too cute, almost like the doggie dentures commercial.

You Queen Bee is even better in person, thank you, you made one of the worst possible days into a very happy one.

Hugs, Lori m

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card - love it tfs!!!

Chris (catt871) said...

Oh my, Holly...this is TOO CUTE!!! I LOVE The grinning dogs and I love how you made them Andy Warhol style!!! So cute!!!!
Hugs,
Chris

Linda W. said...

I never thought about doing the Grinnin Retriever this way - it's perfect! Well now I'm ready for more cards using your technique! I love it Holly!

Peggysue said...

Cute Warhol Holly! SEe, I did follow your link from your comment on my Warhol doggie card. Love your version!!