Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Artsy Fartsy

Hi all! did you have a nice Valetine's Day and did your sweetie wine and dine you and shower you with chocolates? I had a nice day and evening. I was able to give all three kids their valentine mailboxes and they loved them. They enjoyed the candy and the little trinkets that I had enclosed, and they had plans for playing "post office" with the mailboxes. They were so sweet because they all came over with a decorated bag that they had put some chocolate candies in and they had stuffed purple tissue on top and a sweet card they each signed. They all gave me a hug and thanked me for their gift too.

Brock and I had plans to go out to eat, but the place we were going to go to didn't have the one thing we both wanted available, so we opted to save it for another night and I made omlettes instead. I did get a really sweet card from him though!

Now I don't know if you've seen the artwork of Eszter Csokas on Squigglefly or not, but this lady knows dogs! She can capture their personality so well!  I love looking at them - they make me smile.  This particular image is called A Dog Of Culture.


I think it's such a funny image.  I can't decide if the dog is thinking "why didn't you hang MY picture up there?" or if this is his version of the teenage guy's poster of Farrah Fawcett!  LOL!  Since their is "fine art" involved here I dressed the card up with lace and pearls.    This will be going to a fellow dog lover.

If you haven't become a friend of Squigglefly on Facebook, you should!  Yesterday there were two freebie images given out to Facebook fans!  

12 comments:

Becky said...

Awesome card Holly. I love these two dog images. Gorgeous lace too. :)

Linda said...

Love the card.It is a work of art!
It sounds like you are in the best place not were you work. The children visiting is so sweet.

Shawna said...

Just beautiful Holly! I love Ezster's images.

THERESA said...

Absolutely gorjuss, stunning and worth framing, serious, love it!!!
lotsa luv

Faith A said...

Love the card and the images of those dogs are so good, you are right about the lace too, great job.

Darlene Lyons said...

I love the texture shown on the dogs! Great work! I found you on the looking for followers forum at the outlawz. I hope you stop by to visit me @ www.scrappyduesbydarlene.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is just amazing gosh stunning,work love it hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

Beebeebabs said...

Wow this is great thanks for sharing!

bumblebee creations said...

love this image and your coloring is just so perfect!!

*Vicki* said...

I love how you've added the lace with this card design!! So pretty and those doggies are too cute!! ;) HUGS

Tammy said...

Wow, super fantastic coloring of the image Holly! Wonderful card!

wannabcre8tive said...

Such a cute image. Love the lace and pearls you added.