Friday, February 3, 2012

A Birthday Fit For A Princess

Happy Friday to you all! It's a rainy Friday here, but I will take the rain over sunshine any day! I have sent out a lot of birthday cards the last few days so I need to start stocking my cards up again. This card is going to a very special little lady! My boss's youngest girl Tara whom you've all heard me talk about will be turning six years old on the 20th and I thought she would like this Birthday Girl by Gemma Mortlock.



Don't you love her freckles!?  Tara is into princesses and I thought this girl's party dress and hat looked princess like. I also think that when the party dress comes off this girl is a bit of a tomboy just like Tara!  Did I tell you that last week she rode a motorcycle by herself?!  I swear this kid will try anything!  She did a good job too - I would have ended up in a ditch for sure!   She's colored with Copic markers and I added a little charm that says "laugh" because Tara does make me laugh!

The sentiment is one of my all time favorite birthday sentiments from Jess Holland.  I use this all the time - no kidding!  It's just one of those sentiments that looks great.  It doesn't matter if the card is elegant and feminine or cute and sassy or classic and stately!

Tomorrow Squigglefly will be having another release of new images, and this week they are introducing a new artist.  I know you will adore Daphne Van der Zanden's artwork as much as I do.  She has a great imagination and such sweetness in her drawings - I can't wait for you to see!

There's still a couple more days to play along in Squigglefly's Seeing Red challenge!  Go make a valentine card, or blow off some steam by making a RED card!

15 comments:

Tammy said...

Sweet birthday card for a princess/tomboy! Love all the purple!

Becky said...

What a cute princess, and yes I love those freckles. :)

*Vicki* said...

AWW! Now this is adorable Holly!! I adore the purplish colors!! Hope you have a great weekend friend! HUGS

Beebeebabs said...

Soooo cute cute cute you did a very nice job tfs!!!

Sharon Jones said...

Such a cute image! Love your purples! Very royal color on her! ;D

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I think Tara is going to adore this card! That is such a cute image, and I love how you colored her.

Elaine Allen

Reflections from Granny said...

A pretty little princess, hugs, Lori m

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i like the font on that sentiment and the card is fabulous!

i've seen EXTREME CHEAPSKATE once - found it by accident and loved it. now i don't know what night it's on and have to keep surfing. i DID learn from it to.

hugs :)

scrappin sista said...

I do love her freckles!! Very cute birthday card!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun birthday card Holly!! I just love that image and the freckles make her so darling!! Great coloring!
hugs,
Chris

bumblebee creations said...

adorable!! Love it Holly

bumblebee creations said...

adorable!! Love it Holly

Faith A said...

YES! a real tom boy princess, love it.

Dixieglitzie said...

I KNOW that Tara will love getting a card from Ms. Holly...ask me how I know :)
Holly this card is charming. It made me think of my grand daughter who is sooooo into the princess craze right now...come to think of it...I think I'm into it too! lol
Great work on this card Holly:)

Linda W. said...

Just gorgeous in purple, and yes I can see the tomboy there too! Those eyes are really innocent! I have never even rode a motorcycle by myself! hahahaha!