Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Dog With Heart (s)

Hi everyone! I'm so ready for the week to be over. This has been a long week for some reason. We've had almost summer like temperatures the last couple of days. Today will be near 80! It is WAY too soon for that! Even though I know so many of you would love to have these warmer temperatures I just can't help but feel sad that we didn't have much of a winter.

I've got a card today that you might associate with Valentines Day because of the heart shaped balloons, but I think they will be a cute card just to send to anyone you care about.



The image is called Valentine Pup and is drawn by Linda Birkinshaw. I colored it with Copic markers but chalked the sky. Then I used my grass stamp from Art Impressions to stamp grass and made little dots with markers so it would like little field flowers.

I've got a card made for Squigglefly's challenge that I'll share with you tomorrow!  Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

Aw, Holly, you colored him up so beautifully! Really sweet card! Hugz2u!

Shawna said...

This is just the sweetest card Holly. I adore this image. Love your little field flowers!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

What a frisky little pup! He is so adorable. I think he would work for birthdays or just to tell someone you are thinking of them. Love how the card turned out, really sweet!

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable Holly! Love the image with the touches of white chest and tail. Pretty papers too.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is just darling! great colors and you colored the hearts just beatifully.

we've had mild weather and right now it's raining but supposed to turn to snow. who knows anymore - LOL.

sandi make her background paper on the computer. too cute, isn't it!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Dawn Frost said...

Great heart balloons Holly, I really like your soft sky!

bumblebee creations said...

cute! love your grass-it always looks so real!

Linda said...

Very cute!

Chris (catt871) said...

awwww, this is SO cute!!! It looks like our new puppy Minty (if she was white!)
Hugs,
Chris

Faith A said...

What a little cutie lovely card and great colours again.

Haven't been blogging so missed some of your projects, had a look though and they are all super great