Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Have an extra card?

Hi everyone. Mid week is here already - this week is going faster than last week for some reason.  I saw a blog yesterday and wanted to share it with you all so that you can help too!  If you have an extra card in your stash, I'm sure you'll be wanting to send it to Sebastian.  You can read his story HERE.   Even if you don't have an extra card and don't have time to make one, go pick one out at the store and spend 44 cents on a stamp to send it off.

I'm going to be sending this card to Sebastian


This is Valentine Frog Prince by Suzanne Urban.  I think most young boys like frogs, and if they ever found one holding chocolates and wearing a crown they'd be over the moon!

My boss and his family went to Houston, Texas over the weekend to go to a Monster Truck show.  Yesterday his nine year old son came in to the office after he got out of school and he was telling me about it. I said "You know that where you went is where I was born?"  He looked at me with the biggest eyes and said "Really?  You were born in that stadium?"  LOL!  I thought that was pretty funny!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Kids, too funny! Super card and such a fun image! Love how his toes curl.

Linda said...

LOL that is what I miss most about teaching first grade. I love your card and I am sure Sebastian will too. I hope his teach post him with all his cards. That will be great.

Shawna said...

LOL! Kids --- they are so literal :-) Love your froggy card. I would be happy to find a frog holding chocolates!!

Betty J Schaub said...

cute! love the green frog. growing up in a small town...
there used to be a soda shop where all the high school kids hung out. the name of the place was "The Green Frog". too funny!

Becky said...

Super cute card this morning Holly. Awesome coloring..

Ginger said...

That card is perfect! Thank you so much for making it for Sebastian and for helping to spread the word about the card drive.

scrappin sista said...

Too cute card!! I love it!! I am going to make a card for Sebastian too!! Thanks for spreading the word!!

Linda W. said...

Oh my, what a touching story, Holly! I'm glad you posted this. It's a good project for my card group - today! And I love your frog!

Faith A said...

Oh! what a fabulous image and you have done him justice.

Were you born in the Stadium ;)?

bumblebee creations said...

what a fun card--off to see the link!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is fabulous.

FYI... i had 2 cards returned to me just yesterday with a note from my mailperson saying.... "stamps went up 1 cent. they're now 45 cents". SUCKS doesn't it?

hugs :)

Renee said...

so funny! Love your lil frog! too cute.

Lori m said...

He's a cutie all pretty in green holding his chocolate heart.

Hugs, Lori m