Tuesday, March 27, 2012

birthday tulip

Hi everyone. I found this card that I made about a week ago for a challenge and I realized I never posted it on my blog!  I used one of the tulips from the new Tulip Trio image by Betsy LePlatt and the Birthday Wishes sentiment that I love so much by Jess Holland.  I used Copic markers to color and doodled a frame around it with a multiliner pen.  The card base was embossed with the swiss dots folder.




it makes a quick card, but very pretty don't you think?

On the work front - things are going well.  I got to see the kids a lot last week because it was Spring Break for them.  I got a cardboard box that was going to be burned and cut windows and a door in it and then showed Tara how to decorate it with bushes and flowers by the front door, curtains in the windows, and little pictures to hang on the inside walls.  We took scrap pieces of cardboard and made a doll bed for her barbie dolls.  She had so much fun and is very creative!  
I also bought a pack of twisty balloons and let them pick out different things they wanted me to try to make - I'd search you tube for videos showing me what to do and it was a lot of fun for all of us.  Making twisty shapes with balloons is a lot easier than I thought it would be!  I made a space gun, a big balloon ball out of three balloons, a bunny rabbit, a flower, and one we just left blown up and not twisted and pretended Tara had a tail!
Things like that sure break up the monotony of a work day!  I wish you a little fun in your day too!


8 comments:

Shawna said...

Gorgeous clean and simple card! The red just makes this whole thing pop.

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Just a darling card. Sure sounds like you had a great time. Days like that do not happen much so it is always nice to hear.
Hugs

Linda said...

Beautiful card Holly.

Beebeebabs said...

Such a pretty card!!!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous Holly! Love the vibrant red! I think you're a kid at heart!

Dawn Frost said...

I love the vibrant tulip. I bet you had a riot decorating the box, tying balloons, very nice!

Scrappin Sista said...

Very spring like!! Nice work Holly!!!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Very simple and cute!